LegacyGT.com

Lamin-x headlight/paint protection

deepershadeofp

A friend of mine owns a company called Lamin-x (http://www.lamin-x.com) so I usually put his product on my cars. I drove my 05 Legacy for about a week before I had him put it on and wouldn't you know I already have a couple of small pits in the plastic headlights! The product comes in clear, yellow, blue, and smoked. It installs in minutes and peels off later without leaving a mess. The film is precut to fit the headlights without any major cutting. Here's a pic. I highly recommend putting this stuff on as it will keep things protected and looking new. I've put 40K miles on cars with this film and when I went to sell them I took it off and let the lamin-x take the abuse, not the headlight. Having purchased yellow, it does put out a nice LeMans look on the road. I'm not sure of the price but Chris at Lamin-x can tell you that.

legacygt.jpg.e94b8ac84972c96997664790ad962ef3.jpg

[quote name='BlkLegGt']He doesn't list the '05 Legacy in his 'precut' section. Are these out yet? Thanks for the tip...I'm gettin em, if he's got em![/QUOTE] let me guess .. smoked? :) .. if they come off easy, then i may try it myself to see what it looks like. it says the smokes allow 65% of light to come through .. i'm not too hot on my headlights being 35% less bright though.

I wonder if one could order two kits. One clear, the other smoked, and cut them down, so the smoked parts cover the turn signals (cleared of their amber inserts, of course) and the clear parts over the headlights. Cool info, though. I'll have to keep this in mind for when I get a Legacy.

For anyone interested in buying Lamin-x film or other paint and headlight protection film in colors or clear feel free to let us know or check the vendor forum for upcoming sales. We have always sold all of products for less than what you can purchase directly for. The reason is simple we support and believe in helping all Subaru owners out and this is just one way we can help out. Here is a link to our current sale starting Dec. 18th. Dont miss out [url]http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5729[/url] Thanks Chad

[quote name='RockBlocker']For anyone interested in buying Lamin-x film in colors or clear feel free to let us know or check the vendor forum for upcoming sales. We have always sold all of products for less than what you can purchase directly for. The reason is simple we support and believe in helping all Subaru owners out and this is just one way we can help out. Thanks Chad[/QUOTE] Sure, now ya tell me;)

Archived