LegacyGT.com

Dealer service survey - fixing the numbers

You can contact SOA and they'll act like they care. Don't know how much will come of it. Either way, you are best avoiding that dealership permanently.

If SOA really cared, then the survey results returned to the dealers would already be anonymous.

you didn't do anything wrong. if it were me, i would contact SoA and tell them the whole story and tell them what the dealer asked of you and that he told you not to go there again.

and actually, i probably wouldn't go there again anyway because apparently you're not on their good side. sounds like they are pieces of crap. sorry you had that experience.

one survey could sink them. it isnt really based on how many cars they survey. they can service 1000 cars a month with warranty repairs, but if only 10 people get or turn in surveys, it makes each survey that much more impt.

Oh trust me I am fully aware of how the CSI game is played. Its actually a complete joke now. Porsche no longer uses it because of things like this. Last month our dealer had 71 or so surveys and got a CSI of 86%. A dealer in our area had 7 surveys and had 100% CSI. Funny thing is a ton of cars that were bought from that dealer come in for service here cause they don't trust them. Same dealer got all the other dealers in the area slammed by corperate cause they got caught cheating. THey would do warranty work to dealer owned cars (loaner cars,used cars, etc.) and put the dealerships phone number down for the contact number. That way they would rate themselves. On top of that they also would mark certain repair orders and make it so those customers would not get contacted.

Regardless, you did what you were supposed to do. If that dealer wants to stong arm you cause you were trying to help them improve, well thats just a good reason why you responded the way you did.

As far as I knew SOA takes those surveys very seriously. I recieved one for the sales part of the survery and gave them mostly high scores. The only low scores I gave was "Were you rushed..." or something and I rated them low on that. They told me I had to make the decision right then and there at that time. I had to beg to let them let me call someone to get an opinion, and they wouldnt let me have MY car for the weekend until the Subie was ready. It was a pain to come back on Monday and unload all the shit from my car into my brand new LGT. On the service side, I havent recieved one yet. But I will tell you it started out to be hell, they were short with me and somewhat rude, but then it went uphill from there, way uphill and fast. I felt like I was the only one who mattered. When and if I do get a survey, the service department will be getting high remarks.

Now back to your problem. I would call the dealer and say that you will fill out another survey. Fill it out honestly but negatively. Then call SOA and tell them exactly what the dealer told you. Dealers can lose their rights to sell or service a vehicle. I'm pretty sure its rare, and im also pretty sure other people have complained about that dealership judging by what they did to you.

Archived