LegacyGT.com

Hey guys, a few days ago I thought that I would drive slower and more carefully to save on mpg. Well forget all that. Yesterday I was driving home from work and I got stock between this line of cars and it was at a intersection but I kept looking ahead of me and the light was green. I was thinking What the.....The light is green but none of the cars are moving. What the.....is going on. Well turns out a lot of people made left turns and some of them didnt want to wait so this one old grandpa driving in a huge lincoln towncar got stuck in the middle of the intersection when he was making the left turn and the light turned red for him but he couldn't move because there were too many cars lined up in front of him. So here is this grandpa blocking an entire lane out and the cars next to me in the other lane are just moving and moving. So I snapped and I lost it! No more miles per galon saving. BAM! goes the Legacy up to 6000 rpms. Change lane left, speed up. Then right, then left again then right. Going about 50 in a 35. Cutting off Honda Civic, Toyota Prius and lord knows what else that came in my way! Geez, why did that old man have to make me snap like that? Shame on him

lol. i'm not sure where you're from, but I've heard and seen way worse horror stories of people who just "lose it" in traffic. Northeast of San Francisco is a place called the maze, and it is not uncommon for traffic to back up 20 miles. I've heard of people who just get out of their cars and start screaming, not road rage, just losing mental sanity.

Saving gas in rush hour traffic is useless. You will use more gas sitting and idling than you will getting out of there. It is rather amazing what people see as "O.K." to do while driving.
Let's kick this pig!

I just get a little edgy when people are drive through an intersection and they see a car right in front of them, and they know they will not clear the intersection. The legal rule is that you stop on your side by the green light and wait until there is enough space so that you can clear the intersection. You don't just drive into it and pray because a lot of times you will not make it through and the light turns green so you are blocking 1 if not two lanes. Maybe it is just me, but that just does not make me happy

It belongs to this part of the forum because it is related to 2.5i Legacy Naturally Aspiated engines and it has to do with MPG. I lost mpg on this deal. Man, I wish everyone could just drive like me (minus the occasional road rage :) of course). We could all save mpg

It belongs to this part of the forum because it is related to 2.5i Legacy Naturally Aspiated engines and it has to do with MPG. I lost mpg on this deal. Man, I wish everyone could just drive like me (minus the occasional road rage :) of course). We could all save mpg

So are you saying you are usually a calm driver, but the grandpa blocking the intersection just made you lose your MPG? :)

If I read the whole thing again I would say it has to do more with the grandpa and you cutting off some people to catch the green light.

Anyway, I never knew grandpa's were a MPG factor, specially with the 2.5i! :p

Now if you would have said I was cruising behind this grandpa in a one lane highway at 55 MPH for 20 minutes and my MPG increased dramatically, then I can see how we could all get something out of it! :lol::lol:

OK enough from me!

X

---

umm.... screw the mpg, ******* old ppl, i mean like 70-80 year old here in montreal, especially the women, I almost had two head on collisions because they decided to drive on my side of the road, and I park all the way in the corner of the parking lot because I get afraid for my car when I see them park, i mean ****, if they can barely walk, how the **** can they drive.

Theres an intersection like that by me, on my way to work. the cross road gets backed up because many people take it to the highway... more people coming from my road, get onto That one to get onto the highway, but the people going across line up in the middle while its red. My way is only 1 lane so if ANYONE up front needs to turn, they have to stop about 1/2 car into the intersection and NO ONE get around them. so the light turns red again, and 1 car gets through. ARRRGH I get mad just thinking about it!

When its yellow - STOP INCHING INTO THE INTERSECTION!! your not getting anywhere! and your pissing me off!

Guest Gitster
GREATEST POST EVER! PERIOD! THIS TOPIC IS NOT EVEN WORTH 1 CLICK :lol::lol:

Didnt you start this madness ?? :confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geez, why did that old man have to make me snap like that? Shame on him.

So if the cops arrested you for umpty violations, your execuse would be "Gramps" made me do it?????????:eek::eek:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• 1 month later...
We will all be that grandpa/grandma one of these days. We will be getting the same attitude you had for him when we get old. Maybe likely worse (with the way people are these days). Just remember your attitude for the elderly when a young person gets on your azz. Sad, we are going down the toilet.

This thread should be labled "old people shouldn't drive" or "how to cope with road rage"....

There are Shi**y drivers everywhere. Christ come to MA and see how many people do not deserve the right to drive... My point being traffic sucks, people suck, and RMV tests are way too easy...

Anybody ever seen a German liscense test? 90% fail the first time... They actually have to do physics on the exam... braking distance measurements. When my wife (German) told me her HP, engine displacement, and 100(kph)-0 stop times I fell in love...:wub: Oh and she's hot too.

Archived