LegacyGT.com

A/C compressor unavailable?

dave g

Is anyone aware of a shortage of A/C compressors? My dealer told me on June 15th they would order one for my 07 SE. It was said to have been shipped, then backordered, and then to be in 7/13. I await their response to my latest inquiry, but since their previous responses have been inaccurate, I have low expectations. The A/C works somewhat, but does not get cold enough.

One of two things...either they don't have any in the parts distribution network because they are using them all to build new cars because they are in such great demand....or they don't keep stock on them because nothing ever breaks on Legacys. Take your pick as one is as accurate as the other.
It is still ugly.

The company I work for makes parts for Denso compressors as well as many other OEM compressors for Ford and GM. Our demand from our customers has been steady, but not overwelming like it was in the past. I believe the compressors for the Legacys are built in Japan. I also thought I heard there was a large earthquake in Japan recently.

Archived