LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Head Unit & Navigation

HangKen

I'm pretty sure I read that the KOS-V1000 will support factory LCD screens. You may want to check that out before buying the V500. Plus for the extra $150, the KOS-V1000 has 5 volt preouts, which will give a huge difference in overall sound quality. 5 Volts will provide a much cleaner sound output than the 2 volts from the KOS-V500. And if you're interested in nav only, you can get the LZ-702W screen from Kenwood which is the same size and touch screen controls and connect it to the KNA-G510 and not even use the A/V controller box, however I dont know how loud the screen's speaker will be in the dash for the voice guided navi. You might need to add an amplified speaker to make it louder.

it wont suport the touch screen part. they have a standard rca type cable that will hook u and then u use the remote that comes with the integration unit. that is a step backwards. from mhy understanding only one screen kenwood makes is comatible the 702 i beleive. kenwood said that also in a call to them

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, the glare isn't too bad. Even when there is some I can still read the screen easily. The only time I found the glare to be a problem is in the afternoon if I have the sunroof completely open, which for me isn't all that often. All I did was dremel out the clock location on the stock area and made a "U" bracket attached to the screen and then screwing it the a/c ducts. Then I masked off the screen and bondoed the gaps in and spray painted it a flat black. The black matches the factory color perfectly. However, I discovered that I suck at sanding and will have to try and even it out a little more with some more bondo. But I would say not too bad for my first attempt at doing this kind of body work.

So.. if I got ahold of a factory bezel for a Navi setup, would there be any dremeling involved, or would the upgraded screen fit right in? It sounds like they are the same size and all.....

This is a very interesting upgrade option for me.... I too don't understand why Navi was only an option for Auto and Spec B.... don't think I would have paid the $1800 premium, but it would have been nice to have the choice. And looking at these options, it seems I can DIY for less and better..... hmmm....

Archived