LegacyGT.com

exhaust help

fullerslgt

so i am trying to finish my exhaust (i have up and downpipes, and mufflers) but i went on a little road trip the other day and realized my exhaust was just loud enough to hear it but at the same time not to loud to kill the dvd we were watching. is there a midsection/y-pipe that is resonated so it wont be as loud. i know i know i know, i am all about the power too, but i know my kids want to be able to hear what spongebob is saying to patrick :lol:

anyone have any recommendations??

Do you have the OEM midsection? If so you can always remove the resonator. 3rd cat? Dont remove both at same time. Try just removing the resonator. if you dont like it put it back on and remove the 3rd cat.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Have your kids use headphones(that's what we do) or is the DVD tied into the radio with no headphone jacks? I have only 1 cat in the DP and an SPT 3" CBE and it's a little loud but tollerable on road trips. It seems like the rumble is a little louder in the back seat though.
Let's kick this pig!

so i am trying to finish my exhaust (i have up and downpipes, and mufflers) but i went on a little road trip the other day and realized my exhaust was just loud enough to hear it but at the same time not to loud to kill the dvd we were watching. is there a midsection/y-pipe that is resonated so it wont be as loud. i know i know i know, i am all about the power too, but i know my kids want to be able to hear what spongebob is saying to patrick :lol:

anyone have any recommendations??

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66189

Archived