LegacyGT.com

Skid Plate Damage

zach999

Probably a stupid question but is skid plate damage covered under warranty. I really don't remember damaging anything underneath my car but parts of the skid plate are hanging down. Anyone know the cost of a new skid plate? If so, should I just get an aluminum skid plate then?

Zach

I don't believe that is covered under warranty. I hit a bucket on the highway that ripped my plastic skidplate to shreds. Quote from my dealer's website (20% off retail) was $92 and change.

Knowing there are more buckets in the world ;) I opted to spend a little extra and get the aluminum one. It fits great and I know it won't be damaged by demon buckets.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Most of the stock skidplate is held together by plastic "pop up" screws. If the plastic is just hanging, a few screws may have popped out. I would check that before springing for a new skidplate.
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

i killed my stock plastic skidplate this past winter. opted for the rallitek aluminum one. looks great and doubtful i'll kill this one too (i sure hope!)
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Killed mine once...bottomed out (Yes, I bottomed out the OB)

I think I paid around $114 and I installed it myself. (3 bolts, 12mm I think and 2 pop-its)

btw, it's not a skid plate, it's an "underbody tray" skid plate infers it is meant to take hits....which it isn't

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I put the aluminum skid plate on after I hit a raised man hole cover. didn't do any damage, but scared the crap out of me.

I've had no problems with the aluminum one. put it on!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived