LegacyGT.com

Stainless Steel Brake Lines? Better?

iyamdman

I would like to know about [size=-1][b]Stainless [/b][b]Steel[/b] [b]Brake[/b] [b]Lines. How do they increase braking performance? Any brands that are the best? How much do they cost, and how much to install them? Are they worth it? [/b][/size]

[quote name='iyamdman']I would like to know about [size=-1][b]Stainless [/b][b]Steel[/b] [b]Brake[/b] [b]Lines. How do they increase braking performance? Any brands that are the best? How much do they cost, and how much to install them? Are they worth it? [/b][/size][/QUOTE] 1. Well, they don't flex as much under hard braking. It doesn't increase performance, just gives you better pedal feel in aggressive situations. 2. Goodridge are good. Stoptech. Cobb Tuning. 3. Depends on brand. Install depends on shop, it's about 30min per wheel. Then you have to do a complete brake fluid flush. 4. Track much? AutoX much? If not, no, they aren't worth it.

It's usually for a person who is anal about pedal feel. Personally, the brands doesnt make too much of a difference since it's a bling factor not to have the rubber jacket over the stock lines. The aftermarket steel lines are usually smaller in diameter, thus able to move the fluid faster than stock lines... it's not neccessarily the flex from the lines. As long as the lines are rated high enough to withstand the neccessary clamping force you want to acheive, that's what really matters. It's only worth the money if you plan on braking 10/10ths or doing a lot of threshold braking for track events or autox events.. otherwise, it's really a waste of $$ for a street car.. if it wasn't, every car maker would opt for these lines instead. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='Xenonk']It's usually for a person who is anal about pedal feel. Personally, the brands doesnt make too much of a difference since it's a bling factor not to have the rubber jacket over the stock lines. The aftermarket steel lines are usually smaller in diameter, thus able to move the fluid faster than stock lines... it's not neccessarily the flex from the lines. As long as the lines are rated high enough to withstand the neccessary clamping force you want to acheive, that's what really matters. It's only worth the money if you plan on braking 10/10ths or doing a lot of threshold braking for track events or autox events.. otherwise, it's really a waste of $$ for a street car.. if it wasn't, every car maker would opt for these lines instead. Keefe[/QUOTE] Couldn't have said it better myself. And I used to run steel lines. :lol: Kevin

Archived