LegacyGT.com

DVD Player Location

dmiller5

Ok, so where did you guys mount your mobile dvd players? I can't decide. I have a 1/2din unit and nowhere in the front looks ok without major modification. I can obviously do a trunk thing but I would prefer not to. All ideas welcome. Thanks,

Dan

Double din in the cubby FTW!

too small of spots. the glove box doesn't have enough depth. .

Sure it does. I've seen several pictures of single din install in the owners manual pocket. Sure, not all chassis are the same dimension, but a stand alone DVD is nothing exotic and relatively compact.

ignore him, he'll go away.

As do I.

There's actually a decent amount of room to be had if you take out the manual's holder and look at it. It tapers in a few places for no reason.

There's quite a bit of room behind the manual in that physical place. It loos like there's stuff in the way, but there really isn't too much. You should be able to get your unit in there (assuming it's really small).

If not, you could try taking it outside of it's case, and making a custom enclosure/faceplate that would fit in the glovebox/manual spot.

None of these options are easy perse (except for under the pass. seat), but do-able.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Yea that's what I ended up doing.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p5a4137d2dfb612bfd1ae855ca9b9e76e/e87b4404.jpghttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p5a4137d2dfb612bfd1ae855ca9b9e76e/e87b4404.jpg

As do I.

There's actually a decent amount of room to be had if you take out the manual's holder and look at it. It tapers in a few places for no reason.

There's quite a bit of room behind the manual in that physical place. It loos like there's stuff in the way, but there really isn't too much. You should be able to get your unit in there (assuming it's really small).

If not, you could try taking it outside of it's case, and making a custom enclosure/faceplate that would fit in the glovebox/manual spot.

None of these options are easy perse (except for under the pass. seat), but do-able.

Archived