LegacyGT.com

CRAZY Whislting With Cobb AP Stage 2

DogLeggGT

I have an '06 GT 5EAT with a catless UP and Cobb catted DP. The UP and DP were both installed by an installer intimate with Subarus and checked for leaks. I just installed a Stage 2 map. I make one "mistake" while installing. I turned the car on while the test pugs were still plugged in. Didn't see this pointed out in the AP manual as a huge No No, so I didn't think much of it.

Took it for a drive and I'm getting four pitches of whistling sounds!!! It's not rev dependent in low gears. It seem to just start as a low whistle at about 40mph regardless of rpm and then graduate to a middle pitched, then high middle pitched, then high pitched whistle as the car speeds up. Quite loud.

I got home and tried to put it back to stock but the AP didn't recognise my car!!!

HELP!!!!!!

starting the car with the test plugs plugged in is not that big of a deal...unless it was in the middle of a flash.

You an exhaust leak or a boost leak

Yah, I started the car after the Stage 2 map has loaded and everything was ready to go.

Thanks for everyone's input. I appreciate the brainstorming. Regardless, Cobb will be getting a call from me tomorrow.

I highly doubt it has anything to do with the AP, check to make sure all your windows are rolled up :)

Amazingly, it had something to do with the AP - or at least how I used the AP to reflash the ECU. I took Qiksilvr's advice from another post: unhooked the battery for a bit; hooked it back up; turned the key to ON for a few moments; turned it off; turned the car on and let it run for about 5 mins.

It seems like the AP still doesn't want to recognise the car, but I took it out and drove it and all whistling had disappeared. I didn't hook up the AP again to see if it recognised the car after the drive, tho. Will do that later.

Luckily, the map I reflashed the car with is the one I can live with for a good while.

Archived