LegacyGT.com

Low Speed Vibration

I drove my sister's '04 Forester and noticed a vibration while making low speed (walking speed) sharp turns. It's not audible nor continuous -- seems to come and go relative with the rotation of the wheel. And it "feels" like it's only the rear axle. My '05 LGT does not exhibit the same sensation.

The car was dropped off at the only Subie dealer on the island this morning. First they said they couldn't duplicate the problem (no shock), but then recommended she change the right front and left rear tires only and keep the other tires that have over 25k miles on them (big shock). I told her not to authorize the work and I'll attempt to duplicate the problem when she picks up the car this afternoon.

Assuming I can dupluicate the problem, what possible reasons can cause such a vibration that I can share with the tech?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

I was able to demonstrate the problem for the tech. He suspects it's the "clutch" (?) for the rear driveshaft. He tried to explain it in detail, but most of it went over my head.

Thank you to those who responded.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

Archived