LegacyGT.com

Interior Neons

Driven2ride

Looks fairly soft, I was going to do something similar when I get home but I was thinking that I would go with red tubes sold on computer equipment websites, seems to be much cheaper than the auto specific ones (and they are 12v also...) Just wondering what they ran you and where you got em from. Also wondering where you tapped for power and if you have them switched any particular way. Thanks in advance.
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

[quote name='CDubbs']Looks fairly soft, I was going to do something similar when I get home but I was thinking that I would go with red tubes sold on computer equipment websites, seems to be much cheaper than the auto specific ones (and they are 12v also...) Just wondering what they ran you and where you got em from. Also wondering where you tapped for power and if you have them switched any particular way. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE] it look soft in the picture, but at night it really glows nicely and fills the car, i put 6 neons in my car, 2 in the front, 2 in the back, and two in the arm rest between the 2 seats in the back, really fills it nicely. They're Street Glow Mini Neons, 9 inches. I am going to hardwire everything in tomorrow and ill take pictures and hopefully try and put together a write up as to where i got the power from, right now its connected to my DC outlet in my armrest. i may try and follow the power line in the arm rest and tap into that, or hardwire it to the battery. Does anyone know if its easy to take apart the arm rest?

Looks a little too bright. I used red and white LEDs to illuminate the front footwells, and they were too bright initially -- it was distracting to see my glowing sneakers down in the footwell! So I put some masking tape over the LEDs to diffuse and soften the light, and it looks good. To get into the armrest/console, loosen the two bolts in the bottom of the armrest bin. Also pull up the boot around the parking brake. I think that's it, though there may be something else holding it in the front. You can also tap into power near the fuse panel. I tapped into the switched illumination fuse with an "add-a-circuit" gizmo. Craig

[quote name='Alex1']DUUDE I TOTALLY WANTED TO DO THAT!! U TOOK MY IDEA!!! IT LOOKS GREAAAAT!!! is there a way of changing the red lights to blue?[/QUOTE] I belive u need to uninstall the dash and you cahnge the leds, but I personally like red more, its more aggressive.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I like my rice like I like my men. Not at all. But this seems like it would look cool at night and would add a bit of atmosphere to the car.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Th3Franz']I bet some chicks might dig the atmosphere. :lol:[/QUOTE] Some of them appreciate being able to see what they're doing without the brightness of the dome light :D

[quote name='Xenonk']wait, where are your strobes :p serious note, where did you install your switches for these neons? Just curious. Keefe[/QUOTE] the strobes are coming, along with the custom bult lava lamps haha just kidding, i took apart the center console and tapped into the 12v line that goes to the DC outlet in the glove box, im still trying to figure out where i am going to put the switches. i dont really like the location of it now though, i may run a direct line from the battery. i will post pics of everything when im done. and the girls love it :-D

Archived