LegacyGT.com

2 piece wheel bolt torque specs

JonLGT

I have a set of Volk GT-Vs that are 2 piece that I want to take apart to have the lip re-polished and the hub re painted, my question is, does anybody know the torque specs, or know where I can get them for the bolts that hold the hub to the rim? Thanks in advance.

-Jon

I had my old Volks apart before.

I had emailed Mackin asking the torque specs but this was years ago. I don't remember the specs being more than 25-30 lbs/in though.

Just email or call Mackin and ask them, they'll know. From what I remember they were not permanently sealed either. I think sealing is only required on modular wheels where the lip and outer rim get separated.

The Volk GT line of wheels has the outer rim as one continuous piece and the face as the only modular part.

http://www.mackinindustries.com/

I used to have 3-piece Work wheels and there is a silicone seal between the inner and outer rim. On 2-piece wheels, I doubt if you need to seal them as the rim is 1 piece and should hold air independently.

what size are the bolts and threads? you can determine the torque specs based off of the sizing (there's a build standard to them and the design specification that you can look up online without too much of a problem).

Just dont bolt them on around the rim.. you should torque the bolts as if you were to do a star pattern or cross lip fashion to have the bolts all go in evenly.

Keefe

• 1 year later...

took my time at about 40 minutes per wheel and went around in a standard torquing sequence and everything seems to be good I also used blue thread lock and when a ran out used the red that I had lying around.

I would use the blue over the red, as the red seemed to harden up to quickly as I needed to torque 20 nuts and bolts about 6 times each until finished.

Archived