LegacyGT.com

CO dealer Rocks...

2furious

It's been two weeks since I moved from Tucson, AZ. I went to Go Subaru at Arapahoe today regarding the dash rattle and parking braek lever rattle...

Compare to the service in Tucson, the one I have today rocks...

I think it's because CO dealer have dealt with many subarus and known the common problems... I have no rattling and I love my LGT more than ever now...

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

Yeah, you can mod cat back without even touching the warranty, so "Hoggin" is fine. I have it and they always just compliment my car, never any questions (though I have been warned against madding by the service guys several times).

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

I actually just came from Go Subaru on Arapahoe and I have to say they definitely are NOT mod friendly. A great dealership for stock cars but they do not like mods, here is my story from today....

I took my car in for a differential whining noise and the service manager takes one look at my car and says "thats not the correct size tires" and that may be causing the differential noise.:stupid: I said I could understand if the tires were different sizes from to rear or side to side but they all have the same diameter weather its smaller or larger than factory there is no more stress on the differential. Anyway I am taking it back when they have a loaner car for me so I will let you know how it ends up.

My other story...

Had a Clifford Remote start/Alarm system installse back in the summer of last year right after I bought the car. Several months later (winter) I went to turn on the windshield wiper heater (first time) and it didnt work! I took it to the dealer Go Subaru on Arapahoe and they saw the alarm and said ot under warranty because of the alarm!:mad: I got Car Toys involved they ended up pulling the alarm system so Subaru could see my car without the system in it. They had my car for over a week for a friggen windshield heater! Now here is the kicker!!.........

After all of this, the switch was not activated on in the Subaru Select tool:soap_box:

I have switched over to Burt Subaru off of Broadway. More mod friendly.

Last time I was at Go Subaru on Arapahoe for a rear bearing fix they left my hood unlatched. I still cannot figure out what they were doing under the hood for a rear bearing fix. And this is just the last of my woes with those clowns.

I will say at first I was happy but that quickly faded after the constant comments about voiding my warranty.

However, the Go Subaru up in Golden is much better.

I have switched over to Burt Subaru off of Broadway. More mod friendly.

Exactly how mod friendly?

When I was shopping for the LGT I stopped by Burt to see what they have in stock. The salesman was really nice and let me take the LGT out for a long test drive. I wasn't ready to buy that day and the guy didn't give me any pressure. Anyway, he mentioned that they are pretty mod friendly... Just wonder if anyone got any exprience with Burt to share. I had a Celica GT-S and I used to take it to Burt Toyota next door for service. The Celi was stock but I had always been happy with the service department there.

Exactly how mod friendly?

I'm interested in this too. Now that I'm stage 2 I need to start considering another dealer if there is one that is more mod friendly.

When I drove in with my Perrin Exhaust the service writer complimented me several times that I had a nice car. I went in for a oil change with a hours notice.

Try that at Go Subaru. :lol:

Anyway, he asked me if I wanted to do the fan relay fix and I told him only if it did not need the ECU touched. He said if I needed to "make changes" he would tell them to stop. He also lifted the hood and noticed my AVO intercooler and asked if I was happy with it. Overall I was very pleased with the visit. No comments about voiding my warranty.

There was a STi in there with some mods on it as well. You could really hear my exhaust when they were finished inside the waiting area. ;)

When I drove in with my Perrin Exhaust the service writer complimented me several times that I had a nice car. I went in for a oil change with a hours notice.

Try that at Go Subaru. :lol:

Anyway, he asked me if I wanted to do the fan relay fix and I told him only if it did not need the ECU touched. He said if I needed to "make changes" he would tell them to stop. He also lifted the hood and noticed my AVO intercooler and asked if I was happy with it. Overall I was very pleased with the visit. No comments about voiding my warranty.

There was a STi in there with some mods on it as well. You could really hear my exhaust when they were finished inside the waiting area. ;)

I too just recently switched from Go Subaru on Arapahoe to Burt.

Go never mentioned anything to me about voiding my warranty, but I did have a few problems with them. The second to last time I was there I took my car in to get the passenger side window fixed, a brace was messed up and they needed to order the part to fix it. I called a couple days later when the parts guy said the part should be in. They said it was in, so I made an appointment and went in. When I got there the part had not arrived and the part guy said he didn't remember ever ordering that part. Anyway, the service guy told me and the parts guy that it was their mistake and they would wave the labor. When the part finally came in, I went in and the service guy that helped me wasn't there. He never made any notes that labor would be waved and the parts guy said he didn't even remember me. They finally agreed to wave the labor, but they also bumped up the price of the part $30. When I picked up my car my hood too was unlatched. If I hadn't noticed that could have been dangerous.

I had an appointment to get my brakes fixed there last week, but decided to change to Burt after hearing some of the stories at the meet that weekend, I changed to Burt.

Sounds like Burt is the place to go.

The only time I was there was to get the CD changer fixed and there were couple moded WRX/STI there too. I might go in there for the relay recall to see how it goes.

Wow. Bskey. when did you get stage 2? how did you get that one turbo nut off?

Jayson Black did it when I had him doing my clutch swap. He ended up pulling the turbo out to get that bolt out, and the other one that had been broken for some time, and installed new OEM bolts back into the turbo. He swapped out all my Up, DP and Mid pipe while he was there, so all I had to do was flash to stage 2 when I picked up the car, and blam! Stage 2 grins!

• 5 months later...

This is the perfect post... I was searching to find a good dealer in Denver... Go Subaru on Arapahoe is so close and convenient for me, but I've had more mistakes with them than I ever had on a previous car and I guess it's time to try Burt...

Needed interior door light cover - needed to special order, got the wrong one

overfilled my oil at least once, I think twice, but the dipstick sucks

brought out wrong parts on several occasions now and luckily I knew enough by sight to have it corrected...

Took my car into Burt last week for the relay and popping noise in the clutch. They couldn't duplicate the problem with the clutch even though I left the car overnight. :confused: They did gave me a nice '08 OBXT as a loaner without me even asking for one. I'm at stage 2 and carelessly didn't flash to a stock map when I took it in. They changed out the relay and didn't say a word about the mods. I would highly recommend Burt if you have any mods on the car.

It's been two weeks since I moved from Tucson, AZ. I went to Go Subaru at Arapahoe today regarding the dash rattle and parking braek lever rattle...

Compare to the service in Tucson, the one I have today rocks...

I think it's because CO dealer have dealt with many subarus and known the common problems... I have no rattling and I love my LGT more than ever now...

My most recent complaint about GO is that their tech left a hand print on my beige A pillar. sloppy...:spin:

I just wanted to chime in that I am still up in the air about Heubrenger (Sp?) in the Springs.

BUT, I had 4 techs, 3 salespeople, and 2 managers say I had the hottest wagon they had ever seen ;)

Plus, now when I call to ask for updates on my parts, the different folks that answer the phone always ask if I am the one w/ the white wagon... :lol:

:spin:

Do they have a new STI there already? I know Burt didn't have one when I was there last week.

I keep seeing ads for Burt saying that they have the most new STi's and WRX's of any dealer in Colorado. Everytime, I've been there since they'be been released I've yet to see the new STi and have only seen 1 WRX.

Archived