LegacyGT.com

Legacy at NYIAS

Hello all- I know I dont post much on here, but I think the main reasonf or that is I dont want to get immersed in a car forum, unless I actually buy the car. SOA likes keeping us on the hook, so here I am. What I do have to say is that on Friday I went to the NYIAS and they had the new legacy there... whats more I got in the new Legacy. First impressions- the car was silver with a black interior, and to put it nicely, it looked gorgeous from the outside. Its kind of suprising, despite the obvious redesign you can still look at it and know it is a Legacy. [b]The paint[/b] was stunning, a light silver with a metallic flake to it. Compared to the paint that I saw on the WRX's, the Legacies is much much better. [b]The bumpers[/b]... well personally I couldnt see the difference, it looked fine to me, but I guess I am less discriminating. [b]The interior[/b]- I am 6'4 and for a size comparison, the Legacy was a perfect fit for me. The headroom was excellent, and although I could not move the chair, it was easy to see that I could get very comfortable. The design of the interior is quite nice. The quality of the martials is also a HUGE improvement. But, it is not quite to the levels of Honda and Toyota, so, for me, that issue is put to bed. All the dials and buttons felt very nice, and I was suprised to see dual zone automatic climate control on the car. All in all I walked away very confident with the new Legacy. The interior size is excellent and the materials are a huge step forward. The design is conservative, but it gets the job done. Now I just need to wait and see what the pricing is, but what I can see, Subaru is not gunning for BMW and Audi, or rather they shouldnt, this is still a Honda/Toyota class car. Hops this was of some help to you. 8)

Archived