LegacyGT.com

Crucial Racing ceramic coating...Headers....should i wait?

f85stealth

I just got the last piece of my stage 2.5 install in today and had a question. I havent installed any of the parts yet but i had crucial racing coat the up pipe down pipe and mid pipe that i have purchased from them and was wondering if i should wait the time and pay the money to have my headers coated as well. I am getting kinda antsy to install this stuff this weekend so i wanted to get some feedback on what people thought. Should i wait the time and spend the money to have em coated or should i just throw them on. My headers warranty is not affected at all from having them coated if that helps people in making the decision for me hehe... thanks guys

Coat them. I did after I installed them (melted under tray) so I had to take them off again.:confused:

Of course now that I have a bigger turbo I melted my undertray anyways.:spin:Now I have the Rallitek aluminum one.

The coating helps a bit with spool.

which headers?

Mike

im leaving out the manufacturer name because i want the judgement to be soley on advantages of coating......Are there any aftermarket heat shields that are recommended....and work?

Oh, the reason I asked was this:

If it bolts to a standard uppipe, then you can get them coated later and still install them with minimal headache. If they use their own, or integrated UP, then doing it after coating is how i'd do it.

I didn't really have that option...APS headers here.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Oh, the reason I asked was this:

If it bolts to a standard uppipe, then you can get them coated later and still install them with minimal headache. If they use their own, or integrated UP, then doing it after coating is how i'd do it.

I didn't really have that option...APS headers here.

Mike

aww i see well yes it works with the orginal up-pipe......but if i am going to have to worry about stuff melting i am just gonna get it coated.....damn i thought i was gonna have fun this weekend:(

Archived