LegacyGT.com

WARNING: Big Trouble @ IPD/RalliTek

stewartg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys, I am waiting on the final results and will be sure to update as the story unfolds. All I can say is IPD has taken my complaint very seriously and was prompt to respond.

I am fortunate that they are willing to deal with me and that my costs have been refunded. It is still a far from desirable situation though for either side. Monetary wise I have lost nothing, but it was a frustrating two months that took a lot of my time and was definitely uncalled for, it should have never got this far out of control. No matter what the end result is, two things remain 1) the parts were installed incorrectly and 2) I was made to feel insignificant and I cannot be certain they were completely honest with me the whole time. I would have been happy to pay my part had I been charged the correct amount, and parts installed properly and timely. Even when there is a delay I am pretty easy going, but the communication has to stay open and I have to know they are trying. IPD/RalliTek could have easily had a happy returning customer, now they must fight to save their reputation. The thing that pisses me off the most is that after two months of waiting and battling with these guys, I still do not have the springs and I won't be purchasing them from them, which means I will now have to wait another month and find another shop. A bridge has been burned that could have easily been avoided.

The whole reason I was dealing with Sean directly was because we experienced issues with the front office sales guys in the first place. Had this gone through the normal channels I don't think it would have escalated this far. The problem here was that no one else knew about the order, and no one else could help me. With Sean being busy at seminars, vacations and shows he should not be expected to handle orders as well. Mark would have known what our deal was and hopefully would not made the billing mistake. I would not have gotten angry and they would not have lost money. How the installation problem happened I don't know, I can only hope it is an isolated incident. In my case it was just annoying but improperly doing suspension and/or brakes can mean damage to the vehicle and operator, this is why I will take a wrench to the engine and splice electrical wires but I do not touch my own suspension and brakes.

There is so much competition in motorsports, that it is very hard to make a profit. Because of the internet and because people selling parts out of their basement are able to undercut these larger companies so much, they make very little on parts but rely on reputation and installs to keep afloat. The story goes a happy customer will tell 3, and angry customer will tell 10. When your business relys on reputation you cannot afford angry customers. Could you imagine what would happen if they responded unfavorably or not at all? I must give them credit for admitting fault and being quick to react. I think anyone still having troubles with RalliTek should post here or contact Sean directly so they can try to fix it. You can't fix something you don't know is broken. We can only hope that my experience is an eye opener for IPD/RalliTek and that given some time they should be able to work things out. I think what the community in whole is looking for is some assurance that things will pick up again and that RalliTek can be a trustworthy company moving forward.

Guys,

We did not do right by Stewart. We apologize.

He has been refunded for his entire purchase. (Cusco Sway bars, Endlinks, ad AVO RSB brackets as well as labor.) He was never charged for the springs.

We are trying our best to iron out the communication issues we have had since our merger with iPd. Most of the time things go very smoothly, but not always.

If anyone else had had any trouble doing business with us please let me know. All input helps us serve better.

Thank you,

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

kudos to you for owning up to your mistake, admitting it, and doing something about it. as a forum vendor (not on this one), i will admit that it's easy for miscommunication, especially for a relatively sized operation such as rallitek. my experiences with your company, your sales team, and your service department has been top notch thus far. keep up the good work and hopefully you'll be able to iron out some of the details. :)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Yesterday Stewart came down to our shop and we installed the springs on his car...

My partners from iPd and I were at the shop to meet with Stewart. I personally apologized for not repsonding in a timely manner. I am often inconsistant in getting to the internet. (I apologize to everyone for that.)

Stewart was refunded for both parts and labor on Cusco front/rear sway bars, Cusco rear endlinks, AVO front endlinks and RSB brackets. (All parts remain on the car.) Scott(iPd partner) and I installed the springs personally and Stewart was charged a discounted price for the parts only. Sue(iPd partner) gave Stewart a Nordstrom gift/card for he and his wife.

I left feeling good about the meeting and I look forward to seeing Stewart at the next local Subaru event/meet or if he needs anything for his car. I am hoping Stewart and his wife both feel the same way.

Sean Sexton

www.RalliTEK.com

I'm REALLY glad to see this made right Sean. I'll admit, you had me going for a while. Seeing this last months worth of negative posts just shocked the hell out of me. but I really hoped you would step up and fix it. Sounds like you did and I'm stoked to see it! Props to Rallitek!

Yesterday Stewart came down to our shop and we installed the springs on his car...

My partners from iPd and I were at the shop to meet with Stewart. I personally apologized for not repsonding in a timely manner. I am often inconsistant in getting to the internet. (I apologize to everyone for that.)

Stewart was refunded for both parts and labor on Cusco front/rear sway bars, Cusco rear endlinks, AVO front endlinks and RSB brackets. (All parts remain on the car.) Scott(iPd partner) and I installed the springs personally and Stewart was charged a discounted price for the parts only. Sue(iPd partner) gave Stewart a Nordstrom gift/card for he and his wife.

I left feeling good about the meeting and I look forward to seeing Stewart at the next local Subaru event/meet or if he needs anything for his car. I am hoping Stewart and his wife both feel the same way.

Sean Sexton

www.RalliTEK.com

Stand up thing to do. Kudos Sean.

at this point it would be fair for stuart to come in and give hugs back to the rallitek guys. I think they went above and beyond the call of duty (whatever that is for internet-ish sales)

just my opinion :)

car for sale. PM me!

at this point it would be fair for stuart to come in and give hugs back to the rallitek guys. I think they went above and beyond the call of duty (whatever that is for internet-ish sales)

just my opinion :)

I'd have to agree. Even with all the communication issues, they're eating a lot.

I'd have to agree. Even with all the communication issues, they're eating a lot.

Not me,,cost of doing business.I've been in customer service fr many years,sometimes you have to go above and beyond to run a succesful operation.

If Stuart hadn't posted here about his problems would the situation have been handled differently?

My complaint spread like wildfire through ipd and shortly after posting I was called by the CEO and another manager. They were very apologetic and did not waste time coming up with a solution. The managers met on Friday to discuss all of the points in my case, the sales team, the communication, the distribution, the install and how to handle complaints (yeah, I hit every bump imaginable).

Friday afternoon, after their meeting, the CEO called me back to ask me what would resolve the issue. I was happy they had promptly dealt with the situation and that the results were in my favor, but I was still sour about wasting two months dealing with them and still not having my springs. So I was going to make a deal with them to pick up my springs and have them installed elsewhere. After some re-assurance to build trust back up, I decided to give them yet another chance and we set up a install date for Sat, June, 14. Scott one of the managers there had seen my complaint a month ago and thought it was being taken care of, when he heard it was still going on he didn't want to drag it out any longer. They called me back Friday eve and asked me to come in on June 7 instead and Scott would personally install them.

While at RalliTek I had the opportunity to meet all of the managers and have a short talk with each of them, everyone was very nice and apologetic. Sue even gave my wife and I a very generous gift. The springs were installed properly and I was on my way out with a better deal than I had bargained for.

Thank you Sean, Mark, Sue and Scott for listening to and acknowledging my complaint then taking prompt action to resolve the issue. Thank you Sue for your generous gift. Thank you Scott for coming in on a Saturday to turn wrenches. You are all very kind and respectable people, I'm sorry that we had so many issues on our first transaction (of many to come).

P1000779.JPG.80dfcc219408a9183dd50d3f369230f9.JPG

P1000788.JPG.66e52b73765a6ea620fa53207d9f7f45.JPG

P1000791.JPG.cecee9fb5eb13b8951709632d321b0b1.JPG

specb2low.thumb.jpg.47105f80f9bd0ad66482033b2e68bb57.jpg

Much Kudos to Rallitek/iPd with the way they are resolving the issues with Stewart. They are definitely moving in the right direction by recognizing the gaps in their internal procedures and are making changes to close them. If only SOA will deal with some of our issues posted here.... wishful thinking???

I have never shopped at Rallitek before but I definitely will in the future. I hope everyone here will too.

I have enough drama for now.....

First TDC, now Rallitek? Everytime I consider buying car parts from a company, I start hearing these horror stories. Maybe I should start buying more used in case I bring down the whole community! :lol:

what do I need to know aout TDC? I just placed an order for some Cobb sways, but I haven't heard anything after my two e-mails. should I cancel the order? I was giving them a little slack, but this isn't good news.

Wow, I'm extraordinarily glad to read that RalliTEK/IPD has made good with stewartg. Big +1 for that outfit. I have purchased from them in the past and will continue to do so.

Also, I think we should give a big +1 to stewartg as well. From what I have read, he has been a top-notch person to deal with. His patience throughout the ordeal is second to none and he has been very diplomatic with regards to a touchy subject.

what do I need to know aout TDC? I just placed an order for some Cobb sways, but I haven't heard anything after my two e-mails. should I cancel the order? I was giving them a little slack, but this isn't good news.

TDC.....where to start.....

After some re-assurance to build trust back up, I decided to give them yet another chance and we set up a install date for Sat, June 14. Scott one of the managers there had seen my complaint a month ago and thought it was being taken care of, when he heard it was still going on he didn't want to drag it out any longer. They called me back Friday eve and asked me to come in on June 7 instead and Scott would personally install them.

I assume you meant July. :iam:

Archived