LegacyGT.com

new 08 Legacy GT turbo lag

To echo what's been already been stated, the stock turbo doesn't have much lag at all. And swapping IC plumbing won't really have any affect on spoolup time.

Have you drive a legacy gt, and if so was it stock?

well to answer your question, Yes i have driven the Legacy gt, i am a Subaru sales person, i love the cars with everything and i get smocken deales on all Subarus and factory parts. i am going to have the legacy open breathen completely, in to out. i was just wondering what else i could do to help the instant lag, i just thought IC.

There are a few of us with 5EATs who can change your mind about that.. :)

I'm talking about stock 5EAT of course. I drove both the 5EAT and 5MT before I bought my car. There is definitely more lag from the stop in a 5EAT.

i have yet to drive a new 08 5EAT. sure there will be a slight lag, however even a stage 1 or minimal mods to stage 2 will cure it. my TDC protune on gutted pipes had virtually NO lag. in fact, i could beat most of my 5MT counterparts off the line.

now, my new set up on the VF39, i have much more lag. i have to launch the car in order to get it going. same thing in the STI. 1st gear's a dog and only about half of 2nd gets you spooling and on your way to smiles. with a good launch, my 60' times are that of a stock STI. even before the swap, the TDC gutted pipe stg 2 set up was still 1.8 sec 60' with a launch.

stock for stock, the 5MT will certainly have less lag because you have more control over the gas/clutch/gearing. but it sounds like you want a 5EAT and not a 5MT. so if there is a tuning option when it comes time for you to buy, i highly suggest some kind of engine management and you'll probably be able to lessen the lag.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Well to let you all know the 08's do not have any diffrence proformance wise from the 06 or 07. the limited 6cyl is bad ass but way less torquey. But i am going with the MT and a Dyno Comp tune is in session after a good break in and after my mods.

i have yet to drive a new 08 5EAT. sure there will be a slight lag, however even a stage 1 or minimal mods to stage 2 will cure it. my TDC protune on gutted pipes had virtually NO lag. in fact, i could beat most of my 5MT counterparts off the line.

now, my new set up on the VF39, i have much more lag. i have to launch the car in order to get it going. same thing in the STI. 1st gear's a dog and only about half of 2nd gets you spooling and on your way to smiles. with a good launch, my 60' times are that of a stock STI. even before the swap, the TDC gutted pipe stg 2 set up was still 1.8 sec 60' with a launch.

stock for stock, the 5MT will certainly have less lag because you have more control over the gas/clutch/gearing. but it sounds like you want a 5EAT and not a 5MT. so if there is a tuning option when it comes time for you to buy, i highly suggest some kind of engine management and you'll probably be able to lessen the lag.

Some of that was TDC's tune vs PDX. TDC put some extra attention to the lowend/response.

Some of that was TDC's tune vs PDX. TDC put some extra attention to the lowend/response.

true, however my TDC map for the vf39 caused my car not to run... or start... or do anything. :(

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 6 years later...

Archived