LegacyGT.com

New Leg GT Review - Objective test of handling

[quote name='Gumby']Yes, Santa Cruz, where exactly do you live P2x? Sandy sold me my WRX, it was sooo easy, I emailed them at 1:00 p.m. on a Friday afternoon and he came back with a price under invoice :P it helped that the '03 to '04 changeover was taking place and I wanted an '03. I went in there the same day at 4:30 and was driving home with a :D on my face 45 mins later. They have a great service dept. and willingly give you loaner cars for any maintenance requiring more than an oil change, I had a Baja for the day once :lol: You also get free oil and filter changes for the first 3 years of ownership, it's called their "customer for life" program. Their service advisors are awesome, they are genuinely interested in Subaru's and chat away to you in a friendly manner while you're there, this is in stark contrast to the Volvo dealership across the road, pricks, that's what they are and I'll never own a Volvo again because of the gutted feeling I got every time I set foot on the premises. [/rant][/quote] I'm in San Jose... I asked Sandy about trading in my MY2002 WRX wagon and he said $14k, so I guess I'm gonna have to sell it privately.. he also said he's looking to sell the Legacies at $1000 over invoice... have you spoken to him about numbers?

[quote name='apexjapan'][quote name='SUBE555']Paul, why aren't you out running the Wangan or wherever your hot spot is? :D[/quote] I had just finished a couple of hours doing the Shutoko Battle, actually. There is an incredibly freaked out superbike owner out there because of that, too... (Dude, I got passed in the corners by a freaking Legacy! Man, what is up with that?) Cheers, Paul Hansen[/quote] I hope you were polite and smiled and waved as you went by. Man, the expression on that guy's face would be priceless.

[quote name='P2x']I'm in San Jose... I asked Sandy about trading in my MY2002 WRX wagon and he said $14k, so I guess I'm gonna have to sell it privately.. he also said he's looking to sell the Legacies at $1000 over invoice... have you spoken to him about numbers?[/quote] Haven't discussed numbers yet, $1k over invoice sounds great, I get the feeling he's relly into volume more than profit on each unit. How many miles do you have on your WRX? He wouldn't give me a trade in price until he saw my car but it's perfect with 21,xxx so I'll except a minimum of $18k or I'll be taking the private sale route also. Can't afford to take a big losss, the car is only just 1 year old. Are you going to get your car serviced in Santa Cruz, their service dept. is open Saturdays :) We should be discussing this in the Bay area forum....

Certainly selling volume more than for profiit would probably be a good strategy. Customers are happy and would more likely return for future purchases, also I wonder how much they make through their services department as well.

[quote name='gtguy'] If you read the extended writeup at Subdriven.com about the new car, it's apparent that Subaru has paid much attention to steering feel and handling precision. Kevin[/quote] Was this just the article about the features of the Legacy? Or was there another article on Subdriven about their driving experience? If it's the second, I can't seem to find that one...

[quote name='racerdave'][quote name='gtguy'] If you read the extended writeup at Subdriven.com about the new car, it's apparent that Subaru has paid much attention to steering feel and handling precision. Kevin[/quote] Was this just the article about the features of the Legacy? Or was there another article on Subdriven about their driving experience? If it's the second, I can't seem to find that one...[/quote] The features, in specific the quicker steering rack, and the components used to greatly reduce steering vibration and kickback, something that Paul Hansen's comments have verified. Kevin

Archived