LegacyGT.com

Wheel Balance Weight How much is too much please help RE960 Tires Wheels

2006Specb122

Your drift or pull probably has more to do with the alignment than with your new tires. BUT, to be on the safe side, cross rotate your front tires(right to left, left to right), and see if it pulls to the left. If it pulls to the left, then its a tire issue. If it still pulls to the right, it's an alignment issue.

There's also an issue of tramlining. Tramlining basically is going where the road wants you to go, and wider performance tires have a tendency to do this more than skinnier tires. I don't think that this is an issue for you here though.

As far as taking X amount of weights, 2 ounces isn't terrible on cars. It isn't great either, but not terrible. As long as your vehicle drove smooth at highway speeds, you should be ok.

Road force balancing tires matches the high spot of the tire to the low spot of the wheel, thus requiring less weights on it.

When you take the car in for an alignment, the most ideal alignment for making sure the car goes straight is having .3-.5 more caster on the right front(compared to left front), equal camber up front, and zero toe all the way around. That's the ideal alignment. Sometimes though there's more caster on the left than on the right(which causes a drift to the right), and in that case to compensate for the caster, the person doing the alignment has to put more camber in the right front to make up for the caster issue. Unless you have camber/caster plates, there is no caster adjustment from the factory on subies.

Yeah no caster adjustment... so -.5 to -1 camber and zero toe all the way around...that's what I shoudl look for....

Since my update the big pull to the right seems to be gone....it still has a tendency to go slightly right but not nearly as fast as before. I don't expect the car to be on auto pilot and track the road perfectly so it's pretty good now...

I cannot find any vibration in the steering wheel so I am very happy with that!

Archived