LegacyGT.com

Adding a Turbo to a N/A 2.5i

If you really want to make a Turbo happen on this car, as I think for sure that I do someday when it is all ready, then this is the thread for you to monitor

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60648

P.S. - check out the Dyno Sheet on there

Yeah,

Shortly after I bought my 2.5i a local kid wrecked his WRX STi, ran a red light and got t-boned by a police car. (Talk about bad luck) One of the guys at the local Suby dealer was trying to get me to buy the car with him... he wanted a lot of the interior and body pieces, and he was trying to get me to take what was left of the drive line.

If I'd have taken him up on it, I would have had a 2.5i with the wrx sti mechanicals.... (would have had to do something to the hood to get air to the intercooler) Would have been a cool sleeper... he had 300+ hp...:eek:

At any rate I would have had a spare engine if I drive my engine into the ground.

i love this forum......

+1

i say if you wanna try and turbo the 2.5I just do it. there are plenty of company's that make turbos/superchargers that will work, with modification. Just remember you will be blowing your warranty as well.

also in the case of the vette with the twin turbo sys in the rear you need to remember that the vette had a 5.7 LITER V8! lag isn't as big of an issue with a V8 as it is with a 2.5 litter H4;)

+1

i say if you wanna try and turbo the 2.5I just do it. there are plenty of company's that make turbos/superchargers that will work, with modification. Just remember you will be blowing your warranty as well.

also in the case of the vette with the twin turbo sys in the rear you need to remember that the vette had a 5.7 LITER V8! lag isn't as big of an issue with a V8 as it is with a 2.5 litter H4;)

Its not that easy to just go and turbo your SOHC 2.5L.

Archived