LegacyGT.com

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position

Blue

Hey,

Anybody running these in 225/45-17? I think that's called a +zero size. I'm thinking of putting these on the stock rims and wondering if there are any clearance/rubbing issues. (I had some S03's on an Audi, and they were really wide - they rubbed under compressions.)

Thanks,

Blue

I'm running them on stock wheels and I love them. I wouldn't call them "wide" ... normal for a 225 series tire. No issues with rubbing at all on stock suspension. Incredibly quiet. And very square, not really flared.

See my review in the "compendium of tire reviews" thread. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1084298&postcount=87

Sidewall stiffness. The PP is supposed to be stiffer.

In my opinion, it's actually a much better ride. The car feels more connected, the suspension gives enough to compensate for the tires, and best of all, the car seems to "set" better in corners. The Suspension doesn't feel sooo floaty with the more rigid tires. It was a big improvement in my mind.

The best benefit you get over the S03 is that these new 050A PP is inside/outside directional so you can rotate these tires for longer wear.

The inner tread is also heavily reinforced vs S03, so its great on cars running lots of neg camber.

Are you trying to say that they are asymetric?

Krzys

yes, the 050 is asymmetrical.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

^^^

WTF?

the RE050A is a Uni-directional tire. So his asking if you were trying to call it Asymmetrical was a correct and valid question. He actually properly clarified what you were trying to say. :icon_roll

Archived