LegacyGT.com

Looks like Saab learned something from Subaru...

erito

Look at the new Saab XWD which is the first car to use a Haldex clutchpack set-up that really works. It is Haldex gen.4 AND it has a electronically controlled differential brake.

All other previous Haldex based AWD system really sucked (Volvo XC, Audi A3/TT, VW, Skoda etc.) but this one look promising.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ckv3fbg44]YouTube - Saab 9-3 XWD and SPT[/ame]

wow. that was cool. I think i want a saab now. haha

oh no, that was not my intention with this post :)

Really, i've been driving alot of Saab's and they are no fun. Sure they are more fun than Volvo's, but still nothing i want. Yet.

The front wheel drive gives you a steering wheel that is ugly and evil. The winter driving is dangerous and booring and the traction control system kills the engine. Top of the line Aero model is alot of power and nothing more. And you can not do anything fun with it if you don't use a set of racing tires and can use a race-circuit.

Maby the XWD models will be something fun finally. And maby it even does not break down... but i guess it will :)

More of a reason for me to buy a Saab someday. Except I hate that key in center console business. Then the plastic around gets all scratched up from your other keys.

Clear bra on the console.

It is still ugly.

yeah that vid was cool as hell but think fo the skill and practice that takes and its all parlor tricks, nothing there that really shows what the car can do or how fun it is. Any car can be made or driven to look great.

When its all said and done Saabs are about as useful as a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin doin it.

I also watched the top gear on the car and they were not impressed by it, the only thing good it did was acceleration from 40-80. The lap time around there track was close to another great selling car, guess what, it was right behind the Civic :lol: Also Jeremy called up Saab and the only thing in the car that was derived from the jet is a button to tur off all the interior lights for night driving :lol:

The first video is with the all new XWD car. The second 'show-off' is with the old booring wrong-wheel-drive 9-5.

I doubt Jeremy C has had the opportunity to testdrive the new xwd....

But of course i also doubt that any Saab awd system could even get close to Subaru... :D

Alla Haldex based solutions so far have all been crappy awd-wannabee stuff...

I wish Subaru would learn something from Honda and Toyota. Small cars are selling!

In May, the compact car share of the market reached a record 21 percent, up from about 15 percent three years ago, according to data from Edmunds.com, an automotive Web site.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19512375/

Ive said it a few times, but Ill say it again. Start production on the 2.2L again and put in the B5 concept and offer a turbo 2.0L option. The 2.2L would boost their quality reputation (since they dont die for some reason) and its fuel efficient. With i-lift that engine could sing pretty well.

" The only thing keeping Volvo AND Saab down is Ford and GM", quote by yours truly :lol:

I know im heading out in right field, but here goes.

I want Subaru to make that convertibe concept, but with that new 2.0 turbodiesel w/ 250 ft/lbs. Mucho mileage and good towing. Also, I want height contollability, or just make it sit as high as a Forester. More like a modern fuel efficient AWD "jeep". More like a Vehicross I can afford to drive. Although my VX's top is due for chopping soon...

:hide:

" The only thing keeping Volvo AND Saab down is Ford and GM", quote by yours truly :lol:

I know im heading out in right field, but here goes.

I want Subaru to make that convertibe concept, but with that new 2.0 turbodiesel w/ 250 ft/lbs. Mucho mileage and good towing. Also, I want height contollability, or just make it sit as high as a Forester. More like a modern fuel efficient AWD "jeep". More like a Vehicross I can afford to drive. Although my VX's top is due for chopping soon...

:hide:

I guess when/if that turbo diesel does make it to the States it will be in the Impreza. However, I don't think SOA is bold enough to put it in anything else. The Impreza will be my next car, but I would only want the diesel if it has more than 200 horses.

Well, if it is sold as an "economical" engine, it will probably ahve 100-150 hp.. but.. you get a crapload of torque with it...

Yeah, but when was the last time Subaru did economical? 1999?

And even if it does have a lot of torque, that doesnt make it fast.

And even if it does have a lot of torque, that doesnt make it fast.

TQ gets you up to speed. HP keeps you there. I'll take a car with more TQ then horespower anyday.

I see them dropping the TD into a Baja

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I guess we will get the diesel here i Sweden before you guys in USA will. And as soon as the first JDM diesel cars are here i will post my opinion.

:)

Forester, Legacy and Outback will be equipped with the diesel engines here from what i've heard.

Archived