LegacyGT.com

All four windows at once a problem?

I've got an '07 7AC, and the other morning my passenger seat was all wet. I was confused at first, until I noticed that the window on that side was open just a little... I thought it was weird that I hadn't waited until it stopped moving when I was closing it. Then it happened again, and I realized that if I roll up all four windows at once, the passenger window does not go all the way up. It does only if I roll it up alone.

I mentioned this to a dealer and was told that it's normal, because of the strain the window motors put on the battery. Does this happen in anyone else's legacy? Is it actually normal?

Thanks,

Todd

Then it happened again, and I realized that if I roll up all four windows at once, the passenger window does not go all the way up. It does only if I roll it up alone.

I mentioned this to a dealer and was told that it's normal, because of the strain the window motors put on the battery. Does this happen in anyone else's legacy? Is it actually normal?

Thanks,

Todd

I wouldn't call that normal. I'd say there's a problem, unless you stop holding the button as soon as the driver's window was closed. The windows don't necessarily move at the same speed.

I'm pretty sure the passenger window is slower than the driver's window anyway. When I lift both at the same time the driver's window always wins the race by about a half a second. I don't think it has anything to do with the load on the motors; try just the two front windows at the same time.

Doesn't the engaging the starter motor disable all the other stuff? With the starter, you are only cranking it for 1-2 seconds. Raising the windows all at once puts a drain for a longer period of time. I think part of the problem is when one window is fully closed while the switch is still on, that puts a larger drain on the battery. This might decrease the current enough that the other window won't have enough current to move that last part of the travel. Try closing 2 or 3 windows at the same time, it probably won't do it.

Mine does the same thing. All four up and the passenger window goes at a snails pace and then stops with a little crack at the top. Then when I release all the other window buttons, it closes fine. It's just putting a strain on the already weak/slow suby window motors. :rolleyes:

Yea... it's not just a speed issue. I could hold all four switches for an hour and the passenger window would still be down about 3/4."

Will it close if you hold the pass front switch and release the other 3?

Just wondering if one of the other limiter switches is interupting juice to the passenger window.

Let's kick this pig!

Archived