LegacyGT.com

RI/MA: Someone with a good eye for overspray

gianspi

Hello,

My car was keyed a few weeks ago and is being repaired. The whole passenger side is being sanded down and resprayed. It would be great if someone with a good eye for overspray can come with me and make sure it was repaired to the highest standards. Pickup time is early July. Anyone in RI or nearby MA willing to come with me?

Photos here.

Thanks!

~Gian

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

The entire passenger side was keyed :(. Front fender, both front and rear doors, gas cap, and rear quarter panel.

I was also told the hood and bumpers are being re-painted so they blend in better (whatever that means). The previous statement makes me think there might be some sloppy overspray. Why do they need to paint undamaged panels to "blend"?

I'm having a hard time wording this question, so please bare with me. The hood is repainted for a smooth transition with the passenger fender that needs to be repainted. Since the hood is repainted, will the driver side fender look "off" because that is not being repainted?

Hello,

My car was keyed a few weeks ago and is being repaired. The whole passenger side is being sanded down and resprayed. It would be great if someone with a good eye for overspray can come with me and make sure it was repaired to the highest standards. Pickup time is early July. Anyone in RI or nearby MA willing to come with me?

Photos here.

Thanks!

~Gian

Well I have only one good eye, but I can give you a couple of hints. Look at the car in full sun and also under fluorescent lights from an angle as well as full on. Bring a female with you, we have better color sight than males. More cones, less rods in the eye.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

What type of fluorescent light should I bring? I'll have to find a female friend/family to help, since I am partially color blind.

You know, the type with a tube. The shop may be lighted with fluorescent. Look at it inside the shop and in the sun.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• 2 weeks later...

what color is your car? i'd come down on saturday if i had a car :p but thats a lot in gas money. i had my bumpers painted and was unhappy with the service, make sure you inspect really really really really well before you leave. if its raining outside, don't pick up your car, wait until you can see it in the sun (for me, mine was painted in upstate NY, theres no sun there in the winter :lol:) needless to say, my silver bumpers don't match my silver car anymore (silver is the hardest color to paint imo).

:whore: to what most people have said thus far

just had to plug in the 13th part didnt you...(secretly trying to stay away from that date as my tune day)

i wouldn't be able to come down on friday or saturday, but maybe sunday :lol: (not like you can pick the car up then, but if its stored outside you could look at it ahead of time?)

I appreciate your help groff. IIRC, I think they have a large lot that is enclosed with high fences, so that might not be possible. Are you free weekdays? Thanks! -Gian

Archived