LegacyGT.com

Potential

Alan777

I plan on picking an 05' up in a year or two, but I'd like to start learning now. I currently have a 97 Audi A4, and I anm looking for mods for the LGT that add significant power increases.

1. Do intakes add anything noticeable?Do most members "home brew" an intake, or is there a preferred intake manufacture?

2. Is there an ecu "chip?" With m car, you can get aggressive ecu chips that add 40 hp and near 80 ft/lbs. Is there any ecu flash/chip like this available for the LGT?

3. What preventative maintinence is needed in these cars?

1. Intake does next to nothing for LGT

2. AccessPort flashes the stock ECU see Cobb website

3. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46142

:whore:

FWIW, My planned mods are:

1. Drop-in air panel (K&N most likely)

2. Accessport (if/when available for '08 -- they are currently available for '05s.)

3. Kartboy STS

4. Down & Mid pipe -- keeping it stock at the tail.

5. Perrin TMIC

6. Fuel Pump Upgrade

7. The local tuner said there is no real need to change the uppipe since they are catless on new models - unless I upgrade Turbo and go FMIC, does the board agree?

Ok thanks.

To what Neuro said, does the Drop in panel increase hp/tq numbers?

And is there a "general info thread" where I can find find stock 0-60/quarter mile times, stock boost numbers,etc?

7. The local tuner said there is no real need to change the uppipe since they are catless on new models - unless I upgrade Turbo and go FMIC, does the board agree?

The aftermarket UP MIGHT flow a little better than '07+ cat-less OEM but it's not worth the trouble.

To what Neuro said, does the Drop in panel increase hp/tq numbers?

I haven't seen exact numbers to quote, but you should see the standard uptick in K&N drop-in performance. Cobb has a good writeup on the lack of increase from the cone filter.

Check out Cobbforums.com for good info on a supplier that specializes in Subaru. The Vendor reviews will on this site will give you good info, too.

Archived