LegacyGT.com

Legacy Performance module on ebay

Has anyone tried the performance module on ebay? They are made for many different models of cars. They claim it will give you up to a 35hp increase. they are only about 10-15 bucks. but it sounds like a joke. Just wondering.

but at that price, it probably doesn't work.

What I was trying to say, is even at $25 it's being sold for a 2500% markup (that's probably on the low side of reality).

It's a resistor that tricks the ECU in to believing the engine is getting more air then it actually is, which in turns gives more gas and makes your engine run rich. You could go to radio shack and buy a resistor yourself for like $0.50 that would do the same thing.

There are in fact people out there that have purchased, and installed these items. Maybe not any of our Legacy brethren (I hope not...) but it's not difficult to search the internet and find people that have.

It's not worth trying at that price. It would be more beneficial of you to just give me that $25 and save yourself from wasting your time with it.

it is possible that a 5-6 psi turbo would give you 35 hp - 55hp gain consistantly and that costs from 3500 - 5000 dollars. unless you are spending 4 or 5k don't expect anything to give you 35 horsepower

Yeah, i just thought if someone had tried i might think about it since it is so cheap. but at that price, it probably doesn't work. Jaymitch how is your intake holding up?

awsome just put 2,200 miles on it and finaly got my hydro sheild. You gonna get one?

I'm not doubting you may get a small increase in HP. 35hp? Of course not :lol:

That "claim" is not something from the Legacy. It's generic across all of their multitude of products.

More fuel certainly can provide more power, assuming it's not too much. But a much better use of your money would be getting an intake ;)

Again, thanks for the advice, i asked a subaru performabce shop about a intake and they said it would just make more noise on a n/a legacy. But i have read threads saying it improves power a bit. i am not sure if 250 bucks is worth the rick

An intake will make a little bit more power, but it is up to you if that small increase is worth $250. I would post in your local section and see if anyone near you has a Legacy with intake and is willing to give you a ride.
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

the only way to get signifcant power increase out of 2.5i is:

1) Full intake, header, exhaust, port and polish, cams... rebuild the engine basicly... and maybe a tune $ several thousand maybe 40-65 hp

2) Turbo kit $ several thousand maybe 50-80hp

3) NOS the crap out of it $ several hundred + several thousand in repairs

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I'll tel you what.. I did a lil project a while back and needed one resistor, but they only came in packs of 25 for 16 cents. So since I'm a nice guy, I'll give out the 24 extra resistors I have for $10 shipped, each.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived