LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light & Flashing Cruise Control Light

I went to start my car this morning and the check engine light came on after a bit of a rough start. Also the cruise control light is now blinking. I tried turning off the car and restarting with no chance. I'm getting ready to call the local Subaru dealership to have them look at it.

Any idea what might have caused the lights to come on? The car started fine the second time.

You can easily stop at a local autozone and have it read for free ... there is a post on here somewhere that shows you how to use the built in code reader.

That's the plan, it's a 40 mile drive to the dealer so I don't want to make that drive if there's a reason I shouldn't. ;)

The CEL will go away after xxx miles without seeing the problem again.

In the meantime, I recommend using the internal code reader and posting your results on the forums. The instructions for using this code reader are on the forums, but note the procedure is different between '05 and '06.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

my car did the same thing. checked the codes with the ap 2.0 and no codes showed up. car ran like crap. unplugged the ap and then restarted the car and its fine now...

I have my ecu swapped at the dealer. Are you on your 1st ecu or 2nd.

• 4 weeks later...
I have the same problem once in a while. It started to occure when i accidenetly place 89 octane in my car by mistake. I made sure to drive all day untill it was empty. I reset the battery and it would come off untill a month later on. It comes on and then goes off a couple of days. weird.

Had a different "quirk" with the CEL. I put a touch too much oil in the car after an oil change and that set it off. I took a little oil out and then unplugged the battery. Aside from also having to reset the seatbelt chime thingy, that cleared the CEL.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok i had to take my car to the dealer to see what was up with this. Turns out it was a bad O2 sensor. They replace it under warrenty so its running good as new. I realize that the car was running better than before (throttle response wise). This could be due to bad gas as the dealer said. SO IF ANYONE OF YOU OUT THERE HAVE WARRENTY GO AND REPLACE IT NOW. if not its going to cost you.

Ok i had to take my car to the dealer to see what was up with this. Turns out it was a bad O2 sensor. They replace it under warrenty so its running good as new. I realize that the car was running better than before (throttle response wise). This could be due to bad gas as the dealer said. SO IF ANYONE OF YOU OUT THERE HAVE WARRENTY GO AND REPLACE IT NOW. if not its going to cost you.

what was the specific P code? The fact that the CEL is on and the cruise is flashing could mean any one of a hundred things. Can you be more specific?

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Archived