LegacyGT.com

About to purchase Satin White Legacy

il collaudatore

If all goes well, I'll be buying my 2.5GT Legacy the first week of Dec. Hopefully the 1st or 3rd. Now whether I actually get to drive it is a different story. How rare is the Satin white pearl color? All the dealers near me only have lots of atlantic pearl blue, lots of silver, and a few red. I thought I wanted the red until I saw it- a bit too orangish for me in the light. If I order it, how long is the wait? How durable is white? Is it true that it discolors over time? This car will spend it's life parked outside.

I can tell you that the white is going to be pretty rare. I have one, not only have I not seen another LGT on the road here yet, I bet it won't be white if I do see one. It's a really nice white pearl color. It's a lot of metallic pearl look to it, instead of just pure white. It looks especially nice under the sun. It kind of changes color when you look at it from different angles. Hope that helps.

My dealer in chicago said that as with the STIs the white primarily go to the southwest where we get more blacks, though if youre ordering that wont make a difference. Just wanted to say that white wouldve been my first choice if they had one on the lot when i bought. Looks sharp.
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Just ordered a SWP GT Ltd Wagon w/Taupe Interior last week and the dealer said about 30 days. The cars are in circulation so it may be sooner. I'm expecting at least that long or more so, if it gets here sooner, it'll exceed my expectation. WRT the color, I really thought I'd go with the AB w/Taupe, but when I saw the blue and the white together, it was hands down the white. I had a Nissan Maxima that was Satin White Pearl and loved that color. It had a tinge more yellow in it than the Subaru but they both have fantastic color reflection. The beauty of SWP is that it reacts differently to varying light sources and amounts so that you see all kinds of different reflections from the paint. With a Zaino Brothers finish on it, it's going to look absolutely awesome. Good luck with your order. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I only seen 1 other 05 legacy on the road. I waited 3 weeks for mine to be ordered. I love the color, My dealer promised mine in 2 weeks, after the two weeks I contacted SOA and told them that I was going to get my deposit back and my car showed up the next week! I had other problems with my local dealer which is why I got SOA involved in the first place, Subaru wants to sell there cars and will do what it takes to help you out. This was for a car ordered at 300 over invoice also. Ordered in Sept, Drove home in Sept Good Luck

I have never considered getting a white car until I saw the SWP in person. It looks very classy. I ended up going with the red though. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the colors that they offer. I haven't seen one single GT while I have been driving mine. I'm still waiting to run into one on the highway. Chris S.

Saw my White Satin Pearl LGT Ltd 5MT at the dealership and it was love at first sight. My wife loved it too. Had it in our garage within the week. I love "Pearl"..

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

[quote name='Kevin@SoD']ordering my SWP in February... I'll have it by April..... Will know 2006 color choices by then ;)[/QUOTE]And you'll have to share that information with us as well :p. I, too, am hopefully getting a Satin White Pearl Legacy next year.
-ben

[quote name='Kevin@SoD']ordering my SWP in February... I'll have it by April..... Will know 2006 color choices by then ;)[/QUOTE] It takes that long???? WEAK!!! Depending on if an acceptance letter (hopefully) to grad school makes it way to me around 4-5, I might be going car shopping today/early tomorrow...

[quote name='axis008']Good luck il collaudatore on your acceptance!![/QUOTE] Well I got into grad school and I get to go shopping for a car now! But... I have to work 12pm-8pm tomorrow! Arrrrggg! So Sunday is the big day, I'll be looking at the following cars, don't know which to get... Subaru Legacy 2.5GT +power +cheap +lots of stuff with Ltd. trim -teenage mpg -no xenon or VDC -brakes -have to order BMW 325xi +end of cycle, so reliable +worked with dealer before and father will be buying/leasing from them in 2 months, so could get better deal +car I want is on lot +out of the 3, the girls like this the most -status symbol will bring on the haters -most expensive, so less toys -weakest engine... 184hp Volvo S40 T5 AWD +safety +brakes +lots of options including VDC and xenon lights -power, but not that much -smallest car -1st year model run so reliability could be sketchy -probably have to order

[quote name='il collaudatore']Well I got into grad school and I get to go shopping for a car now! But... I have to work 12pm-8pm tomorrow! Arrrrggg! So Sunday is the big day, I'll be looking at the following cars, don't know which to get... Subaru Legacy 2.5GT +power +cheap +lots of stuff with Ltd. trim -teenage mpg -no xenon or VDC -brakes -have to order [/QUOTE] A simple tire change moves the GT brakes from a minus to a plus. The brakes aren't deficient. Look at the people who are reporting excellent results from the GT brake swap onto a WRX. One guy who was able to run the GT brakes against a number of pimped-out, mega-pot kits, likes the GT brakes best of all. Kevin

Congrats Il - hope it's everything you wanted in a grad school. Kevin's (gtguy) comments are spot on wrt the brakes in the LGT - they are designed to significantly elevate the stopping power of this model over previous generations BBK upgrade kits. Put some high performance tires on this car and you'll see the difference. As has been said, if you can prompt ABS light off while stopping, brakes are not the issue. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Well after the dealer was able to locate the car I wanted, I went to the dealer today after work and bought a 2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD. Thanks for all your helpful responses. In the end, I picked the Volvo over the Subaru because a) their red is better (in my opinion) b) safety c) options d) wanted a european car. But in this price range, really, you can't go wrong with whatever car you pick out. We're all very lucky to be able to afford a car around $30,000. Don't worry though, I know to respect the 2.5GT- you guys can move! :)

Archived