LegacyGT.com

Tirerack's Info on TPMS

jikhead

I found some useful information at tirerack while looking at wheels for the Spec B.

Your vehicle is equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system that

requires a sensor to be installed in the tire and wheel assembly for

proper operation.

NOTE: The original sensors from your original wheels can be used or you may purchase sensors from The Tire Rack.

INSTALLATION: If you purchase a Tire & Wheel Package when you buy new sensors, the sensors will be installed on the wheels at no additional charge. Otherwise, you will have to arrange for installation by a trained technician after your new wheels are shipped to you. The Tire Rack's Recommended Installers are available to help you with your installation needs and can be selected by ZIP Code in the shopping cart.

Once installed, you will need to read your vehicle's owner's manual to review the proper procedure for allowing your vehicle to "recognize" the new sensors.

Your system includes:

TPMS SENSOR

$152.00 for a quantity of 4

TPMS NUT

$8.00 for a quantity of 4

Total Price: $160.00

There is a picture of what the sensor looks like

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/TPMSS...ModClar=Spec+B

So if I get rims I either have to buy these installed, or find someone who knows how to reinstall my stock TPMS on the new rims? If I plan on using my stockers in the snow I'm probably just better off having them install new ones on the rims otherwise I'd have to keep changing them with the rims... is that correct?

INSTALLATION: If you purchase a Tire & Wheel Package when you buy new sensors, the sensors will be installed on the wheels at no additional charge.

don't be fooled into having to buy these again. the ones on the stock rims can be used again. and where ever you get your tires mounted and installed should do it for free. takes like 2 minutes.

I thought someone here said the BBS RKs they bought would not accept the TPMS modules due to some clearance issues.

That's me. Hence why the TPMS box is going to be removed some weekend :)

• 3 weeks later...
I found some useful information at tirerack while looking at wheels for the Spec B.

Your vehicle ......

Your system includes:

TPMS SENSOR

$152.00 for a quantity of 4

TPMS NUT

$8.00 for a quantity of 4

Total Price: $160.00

There is a picture of what the sensor looks like

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/TPMSS...ModClar=Spec+B

Is anybody using the sensors from Tire Rack? Definately cheaper than ordering them from Subaru.

Archived