LegacyGT.com

What is that third pedal for?

mickeyd2005

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070620/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_stickshift;_ylt=As6f8Bly2u1sZCZ0FavFjEHtiBIF

I especially like the last paragraph where the author describes the problem for those readers who don't know that you need to depress the third pedal to change gear.

Unlike many parts of the world, the majority of cars in the United States are automatic and many drivers are unused to driving "stick shift" vehicles, in which a clutch pedal must be depressed to change gear.

Buffalo '66, courtesy IMDB.com

[Trying to start Layla's car]

Billy Brown: Is this a shifter car? I cannot drive a shifter car, alright, so we got a little situation here. I can't drive these kinda cars! What the f*ck is goin' on! You think that's funny? Would you like to know, smartass? Would you like to know why I can't drive this kinda car? I'll tell you why, I'm used to *luxury* cars. Have you ever heard of a luxury car? You know what luxury means? Ever heard of Cadillac, Cadillac Eldorado? That's what I drive. I drive cars that *shift* themselves.

...I especially like the last paragraph where the author describes the problem for those readers who don't know that you need to depress the third pedal to change gear.

...and unrelated, seeing as how they could not start the car, therefore changing gears becomes mute...:spin:

Isn't shifting in Car Jacking 101? These idiots should stick to Luxury cars. Also, you probably get an older person that won't fight you when you try to car jack their Cadillac DTS.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Well, that actually happened to me.

1970, St. Louis. I parked my 1963 Chevelle behind my friend's dorm overnight.

The next morning I came down to find my car about 10 ft. down the alley, windows down, ignition switch popped.

I'm guessing some kids wanted to joyride, saw my Chevelle and tried to drive off. The thing is, it had a "Three-on-the tree", so the didn't figure out it was a standard until a couple of bump'n'stalls.

P

Well, that actually happened to me.

1970, St. Louis. I parked my 1963 Chevelle behind my friend's dorm overnight.

The next morning I came down to find my car about 10 ft. down the alley, windows down, ignition switch popped.

I'm guessing some kids wanted to joyride, saw my Chevelle and tried to drive off. The thing is, it had a "Three-on-the tree", so the didn't figure out it was a standard until a couple of bump'n'stalls.

P

don't you mean 1964 Chevelle? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived