LegacyGT.com

Trans/Dif Fluid Purchase

praedet

OK, I am about to do my 30K service, and I will be flushing the trans and diffs. I am planning on getting some of this stuff. If I only find it in the huge container, anybody want to go in on it with me? That way we get to split up the cost...

I'll even offer a helping hand and lift if you come to CO Springs to do yours :D

Ted

:spin:

I'm in. I got about 22k but wouldn't mind changing out the fluid early. I'm hoping it will help with smoother shifting. What kind of fluid are you going with? Redline or Subaru blend that was mentioned on the other thread?

How far are you from Sacramento... I'm thinking of making the drive...but perhaps I should set up another fluid change with someone else on the way back...because I'll probably be putting enough miles on it to justify two changes on my trip. :)

OK, I can get this shipped to my house (cheaper than any local places will sell it for) for $147.36. There are 20 liters in it, and from my reading it requires about 5 liters per change or so...

This works out to about $37.00 for a trans/diff fluid change. I will probably take atleast 10 liters, (2 changes) so that leaves 2 others.

chenc544 is in, anybody else?

1. chenc544

Ted

If you are getting the oil shipped to you, can you ship oil to me? Might be a PITA to find a container but let me know. Shipping would be to 07462...just to confirm I thought you needed to run different fluid in teh trans and diffs...something about one needed slip and the other not????

Let me know when you do the flush. When I did mine I picked up a neat little tool that makes doing the rear diff a snap. Its basically a huge syringe with hose on the end. Works great.

Sorry, I updated my list post. You need about 5 liters for a change, I will keep 2 liters, so it works out to roughly $37 a change.

So, one spot...

I think the with shipping (rough estimate of $13 on fedex.com) you would be looking at around $50 or so fatbastard. Do you still want to do it?

Ted

Ted, I'm in if you have any left. I'll need to change mine when I do the clutch. Any idea how this will do in our Colorado cold? I put redline in last time and was pretty happy with it, but I went with it because of it's hot and cold temp reviews. I wonder if this will do as well?

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

OK, as of right now bskey and enthusiast were the first two to pm me. So, unless I hear something different, I will be letting them get the 5 liters each. Sorry to everyione else :( I would say it is popular enough that everyone might want to give it a try in their area :D

OK, as of right now bskey and enthusiast were the first two to pm me. So, unless I hear something different, I will be letting them get the 5 liters each. Sorry to everyione else :( I would say it is popular enough that everyone might want to give it a try in their area :D

I thought the PM comment was directed toward bskey. I still want to be in on this. Sorry about that.

No worries, I thought you were out. We will just each get 5 liters. I am talking to King of Parts right now to see if I can get it even cheaper. Either way, I will put in the order today or tomorrow. I will let you all know how much, but it should be around $37 for the 5 liters...

1. 5 liters - praedet

2. 5 liters - chenc544

3. 5 liters - bskey

4. 5 liters - enthusiast

Archived