LegacyGT.com

South Denver Clutch Install Shop Recommendations?

bskey

Yup, my clutch is slipping. I saw this one coming (long story), but was wondering who you would recommend. The last one (yeah, long story) was done by a local Mr. Transmission and was a nightmare, but only $400. Go Subaru wants $805 to do it! Can you guys recommend a shop that will do it for a reasonable price? At least this time I will get the right clutch in there & it should last!

Thanks! Brett

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Really!!?!! My dealership did it for about $350 both times

That would be amazing! Those were in PA, right? Maybe I'll price out a few more dealerships.

I've heard a lot of good things about Jayson Black too, so providing his prices are reasonable, and they were the last time I priced him out, then I'll go with him. The nice thing about dealership service is that I have their install to back me up if this clutch is bad. Mweiner2, I'll be putting in the same one you have now.

I have a guy down here in the Springs I highly recommend for anything Brett. You would need to spend the day down here, but I guarantee it will be inexpensive, and done well...

He is a retired mechanic that built a second garage and put in a lift. He charges less per hr, and only charges for how long he takes up to the Factory recommendation. He usually takes about 1/2 the time, and charges about 1/8-1/4 of the dealership...

:spin:

Was just looking at the rates from Flat Irons Tuning over at AWD Pirates.

New Member of Flatirons Tuning, and Installation Rates First off, I wanted to let you all know that there is a new member of the Flatirons Tuning team. Well, kind of.

The Tech for our Rally Car, Jon Brouillet, is now our Performance Technician, and will be doing all of our Subaru Performance installs at our location on 30th street. In addition, he will be helping out every once in a while, so you will also likely see him at our counter too.

Here are our rates for some of the common installs that people request. This is just a short list, so if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Jon

Up-Pipe $340.00

Down-Pipe $127.50

Cat-Back $85.00

Front Sway-Bar $127.50

Rear Sway-Bar $85.00

Springs $340.00

Coil-Over Installation $340.00

Transmission re-build (in car) $1020.00

Turbo, Injectors, and Fuel Pump $1020.00

Clutch $425.00

Ted, I have enough clutch left to make it to the Springs. Can you PM me your guys contact info?

I have a guy down here in the Springs I highly recommend for anything Brett. You would need to spend the day down here, but I guarantee it will be inexpensive, and done well...

He is a retired mechanic that built a second garage and put in a lift. He charges less per hr, and only charges for how long he takes up to the Factory recommendation. He usually takes about 1/2 the time, and charges about 1/8-1/4 of the dealership...

Yeah, I found out about a month after the last one was installed that it would have the same application issue as the RPS/ACT combo, so I have been waiting for it. At least this one went more than 3k miles! I have a really good feeling about this setup (I better after $850 for parts only!).

Archived