LegacyGT.com

Owners of 08' Spec B's or 3.0R, expected prices?

jikhead

• 2 weeks later...
My 3.0R is on order from Van Bortel in Victor [Rochester] NY. With the rubber mats and Homelink AutoDimming mirror, plus state fees, I am 29,339.50 OTD. Sposed to take 2 more weeks or so to get it...

My 3.0R is on order from Van Bortel in Victor [Rochester] NY. With the rubber mats and Homelink AutoDimming mirror, plus state fees, I am 29,339.50 OTD. Sposed to take 2 more weeks or so to get it...

Not sure how that's possible since invoice is $29,812.

Not sure how that's possible since invoice is $29,812.

customer cash was 500 (now 750), van bortel discount 500, internet coupon 75 ;)

... you can 'build your own' at their site, vanbortelsubaru.com ... they're not into haggling past that (as some other Canucks who've bought there have found out)

sorry bout that, forgot to mention i was a canuck, so i am paying the tax upon importation -- not sure what the NY rate is, but it's got to be a lot less than ours ( 7 Federal upon import 7 provincial upon registration)

customer cash was 500 (now 750), van bortel discount 500, internet coupon 75 ;)

... you can 'build your own' at their site, vanbortelsubaru.com ... they're not into haggling past that (as some other Canucks who've bought there have found out)

Just checked out that site. Might be worth the drive home for me.

What other fees do they charge? conveyance?

Didn't see these anywhere though -(van bortel discount $500, internet coupon $75)

the site is a little behind - best to call Karl Lindemuth, the internet sales [super guy, no pressure whatsoever]- no other fees besides the tiny NY state ones - destination = conveyance? If so, it is included in my price above (at $645 i believe)

• 4 weeks later...
When planning on buying at the beginning of July '07, I first contacted my wife's cousin who works for a magazine. He got me connected with someone at SOA who was able to get this offer. I then found out that through my wife's professional association, that they had a hookup with SOA to get the exact same deal. I know I've seen threads on this elsewhere, where there are numerous organizations that you can join in order to get this sweet deal. I literally called the organization, the sent the paperwork to the dealership I was using within 24 hours, and 2 days later when the car was delivered I picked it up, no haggling and no problems. I also got "VIP" pricing on the extended warranty and all add-ons through this promotion. If you're on the market for a Subie, you should definitely check this program out!

When planning on buying at the beginning of July '07, I first contacted my wife's cousin who works for a magazine. He got me connected with someone at SOA who was able to get this offer. I then found out that through my wife's professional association, that they had a hookup with SOA to get the exact same deal. I know I've seen threads on this elsewhere, where there are numerous organizations that you can join in order to get this sweet deal. I literally called the organization, the sent the paperwork to the dealership I was using within 24 hours, and 2 days later when the car was delivered I picked it up, no haggling and no problems. I also got "VIP" pricing on the extended warranty and all add-ons through this promotion. If you're on the market for a Subie, you should definitely check this program out!

First off, dog, welcome aboard!

Second, to the OP, Stickies are your friend! :icon_idea Even if searching is hard, the important stuff / common questions are usually stickied by the mods so they are at the top of the sub-forums... :icon_razz

sorry bout that, forgot to mention i was a canuck, so i am paying the tax upon importation -- not sure what the NY rate is, but it's got to be a lot less than ours ( 7 Federal upon import 7 provincial upon registration)

6% GST (Federal) and 8% PST (Provincial - Ontario); Ends up being the same, just don't pay more than the 6% at the border.

Archived