LegacyGT.com

I wish our cars had a $300 suspension option

Bro is getting the Ford Racing SVT Focus Suspension Kit for his Focus. $300 brand new for:

front struts, rear shocks, front and rear springs, and rear anti-sway bar...

http://www.newedgeperformance.com/ProductImages/m-3000-zx3_svt.jpg

Why do even springs for the LGT cost as much as they do? Sometimes I wish I still had a domestic.

But is that 300 on a new car? Or 300 for the kit and you still have the original parts? If it is the later that is pretty impressive, but otherwise it sounds like they are just passing along the differential in extra cost for the upgraded parts.

Just the idea that it is offered for such a good price is what I'm getting at. Wish Subaru would get on the ball and offer more (even OEM parts from overseas markers) to the aftermarket/dealers to sell. What does a set of pinks go for? $350?

Oh, here are some hard numbers on the SVT Focus:

"nearly 67 mph in the slalom and 0.86g on the skidpad. These are genuine sports-car numbers"

"Topping off this performance trifecta are disc brakes and ABS that bring the world to a halt from 60 mph in just 119 feet"

Not surprising it is harder-edged than the LGT stock versus stock, it is a SVT afterall, not really a fair comparision.

Aftermarket for domestics have always been damn cheap though, thinking I may be a bit JEALOUS after seeing some of the prices, a boo.

I'd take My '05 GT over an SVT Focus any day. My bud keeps dropping $$ into his '05 Focus hatch to get it to keep up, but it will never come close, imho. He finally bought a Mazdaspeed3 for his wife, and I still prefer my LGT.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Aftermarket for domestics have always been damn cheap though, thinking I may be a bit JEALOUS after seeing some of the prices, a boo.

Well just be happy you don't own a European car....parts and service for those are rediculous.

Archived