LegacyGT.com

snowboard rack questions

biltmore

[quote name='njsub']why not just turn the snowboard upside down? or actually right side up?[/QUOTE] You can carry more boards if you sandwitch them together base to base, one facing up and one down. Then again, you could just take up the REAL sport of skiing. No more rack problems.

[quote name='GT Ski']You can carry more boards if you sandwitch them together base to base, one facing up and one down. Then again, you could just take up the REAL sport of skiing. No more rack problems.[/QUOTE] Sorry i think ski tricks look kind of goofy, maybe i just look goofy on skis. i had a friend that broke most of the bones on his left side by hitting a lift tower in mass. so i have a fear of skis. lets have no more anti skiing or anti snowboarding talk.

[quote name='ih8vtec13']Sorry i think ski tricks look kind of goofy, maybe i just look goofy on skis. i had a friend that broke most of the bones on his left side by hitting a lift tower in mass. so i have a fear of skis. lets have no more anti skiing or anti snowboarding talk.[/QUOTE] Relax, I'm a ski instructor... it is part of my job to make fun of snowboarders. It's all meant in jest.

[quote name='GT Ski']Relax, I'm a ski instructor... it is part of my job to make fun of snowboarders. It's all meant in jest.[/QUOTE] Im a snowborder so i have to make fun of you 2 plankers lol. You been out to the mountian yet? I'm wating for Butternut to open co i can use my season pass.

Bah, I'm surrounded by knuckle draggers! No, no mountains open here yet... (Note to self, living in MD is bad for an early ski season) it is 50 frickin degrees today. I'm thinking about a road trip to Okemo or 7 Springs if my Mountain is not open by the 17th. I just got a shiny new pair of Volkls and new boots that I'm dying to try out. :D

I picked up a used board last year i want to try ou. i got it at this ltle junk store for $60 and figuered its in good shapr but the bindings are in ok shape and wort comes to worst i can just put a waterskiing rope on he back of a snowmobile and go accross the lake or on te trails in the woods. :D

[quote name='typeSpeed']Also, does anyone know of a good roof rack for the sedan that wont cause any damage. The roof rack from the dealership wants almost a grand for install/parts.[/QUOTE] They are OUT OF THEIR F*$@&!g MINDS. $200-250 will get you a Yakima or Thule rack base system. I don't know if they have released a fit kit yet, but they will. I teach up at Ski Roundtop by the way. If anyone gets bored on the weekend just C'mon up and ski. Once we get some cold weather that is...

Yakima will not do a thing to your car as long as you don't over tighten it. The Subaru factory rack is made by Yakima so they jack the price.You can buy a complete rack with two bike mounts and a snowboard/ski attachment for around $450. plus/minus a few bucks plus tax. I have worked in snowboard/ski shops and bike shops for years and retail prices have changed very little, maybe 10% in the last 6-7 years.

• 1 year later...

I have the factory racks on my '05 OB wagon and I need to transfer my snowboard, surf and bike rack accessories from my old Thule racks. I bought the thule adapter for the factory racks for my snowboard attachment, but soon realized that the bindings on my snowboard will hit the sunroof when the board is bindings down (to allow for 4 boards). I am willing to upgrade to a full Thule system so I can handle my 25' sailboat mast but I wonder, will my bindings still hit the roof/sunroof with the thule feet and bars?

I don't mind spending the extra money to avoid damaging the car but I am curious to see if anyone has had any experience with this.

Took the Outback up to the mountains and had 2 boards in the rack (bindings up) and one in the car with the seat folded down. I ordered the Lift Ticket straight from Yakima which will raise the powderhound ski rack up so the bindings don't hit. Price was only $10.

I have the factory racks on my '05 OB wagon and I need to transfer my snowboard, surf and bike rack accessories from my old Thule racks. I bought the thule adapter for the factory racks for my snowboard attachment, but soon realized that the bindings on my snowboard will hit the sunroof when the board is bindings down (to allow for 4 boards). I am willing to upgrade to a full Thule system so I can handle my 25' sailboat mast but I wonder, will my bindings still hit the roof/sunroof with the thule feet and bars?

I don't mind spending the extra money to avoid damaging the car but I am curious to see if anyone has had any experience with this.

Archived