LegacyGT.com

Press the brake pedal and the speakers click?

Bdubs

So I'm not sure if this is new, or I have just never noticed. But, everytime I depress the brake during normal driving, the speakers make a clicking sound.

Its as if the brake light or something is interfering with the speakers. Anyone have such a problem?

If I press the brake pedal while an AM station is on and I'm driving inside a parking garage (and the temperature is between 35 and 95....just kidding) I get an interference sound on the radio. I'm guessing it's an electronic component associated with the ABS.

Most likely its a bad ground differential on the antenna.

AM is REALLY susceptible to noise with poor grounds. FM will also be affected, but not as noticeable.

Tune off station on FM. Turn on all headlights, turn on A/C, then turn on 4 ways or turn signal. Listen for a pop/click. If not present add 'stress' of power windows (2 should do).

If you have noise, you can start with the easy places. Clean and tighten your battery cables.

If that doesn't fix it you can spend HOURS looking for the exact cause.

Good luck.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Sounds nuts that I have to do this with a car with barely 5k miles on it. Its totally stock, and its noticeable while driving, headlights on, radio on, no a/c or anything going.

Easier...just wait until you get old (like me) and can no longer hear crap like this or quit giving an eff because it only happens when you step on the brake. With age comes tolerence. (This would have drove me nuts when I was younger.)
It is still ugly.

:lol::lol::lol:

I 'fixed' a lot of annoying noises and rattles with the volume knob in my youth, but I didn't have any noise issues with the stereo.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Archived