LegacyGT.com

exhaust and intake questions

yoo collegemt, i wanna tell you what i realized, the gts get all the hp you know? even with the turbo kit they will still have more hp than we have because its only 5 or 6 psi. and i see you really are looking for ways to tune your car into something amazing. so heres what i ended up with. work on suspension upgrades first. due to how amazing our cars handle already an upgrade on that would be amazing. next work with exhaust. our exhaust set up doesnt let a lot of airflow through. so go with something that lets enough out without losing all the back end power. then if you truly want that turbo start to upgrade the engine before adding it. even if your not interested in spending 3500 for it finding performance lightweight parts for the engine will give you more of a thrill driving. and you can always work on the intake. Avo filter and that ebay intake pipe you can find on here. or custom cai. first thing im doing is some lightweight wheels. you cant jump the gun and get 3972897hp, but you can spend less money on making the car quicker, not just more powerful. i dont want you to take this the wrong way, but theres a lot you can do to our 2.5i's without a turbo

-smack

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you are right, i am not looking for that much horsepower i just want a car that is about average. I am not sure the exact 0-60 on these cars but i want it to be comparible to civis, acords, and altimas.

it depends on the model, our car can crush a basic civic but will be in the dust of an si, for the lower model of the car we are decently up there in performance, just like how the lower altima is equal with us in hp(down in handling though) but the faster one has 275hp or something like that.

i personally think i might risk changing the intake(i havent decided what way yet), i am buyin 5zigen wheels, suspension upgrades, and i am looking for lightweight replacement parts. idk what exhaust to go with since my choice, the borla cbe for the gt, sounds bad. unless someone wants to take a 2.5i and time it 0-60, it is a lot more impressive to time us on a s course or anything with turns. especially with a cai

collegemt- can you put a soundclip of the intake silencer delete on here? i wanna hear it before i try it out, thanks

well i am going to put the silencer back on, if that means anything, it sounds like a tricked out honda civic, at 3-4 K under loud it sukcs air bad, try to tromove it it is a 10-156 min job and easily reversible

I own a 2006 Legacy 2.5i S.E. and want to upgrade the interior.

Looking for 06 - 07 GT's leather front and back seats in Black. Would also consider 07 Spec B's seats ( Black and Blue). If I can get the door panels also...even better

I appreciate your help guys.....Ed

Looking for 06 - 07 GT's leather front and back seats in Black. Would also consider 07 Spec B's seats ( Black and Blue). If I can get the door panels also...even better

I know you're new, but you might want to post this in the "Want To Buy" section of the forum.

Back on topic...rice exhaust FTL! :lol:

There's been a lot of people with 2.5i's who've changed their exhausts only. I would love to hear sound clips! Hint hint! ;)

hmmmmm why didnt u just get a gt then? i know the price is higher a all but to buy one car and try to make the interior into another is kinda pricey and pointless.

So when i got off work tonight i put the intake silencer back on my car. It sounds much better. I never knew it would make that much of a difference. It took me 11 minutes to put it back on, i timed myself, so if anyone wants to try it; it is a quick reversal. Some of you might like the sound it just wasn't my taste. The performance didn't seem to increase either.

So i quess at this point i a moving away from intake, my question is will exhaust help perfromance?

Have any of you tried the Hogzaust modification, Basically using washers at the muffler attachtment to cause an exhaust leak. the GT guys say it sounds good, but i only saw a couple of NA cars that tried it, and they had mixed reviews.

i think im gonna try the cai and hogzaust mod (i never would of thought of that shit), lets see how it ends up sounding

i was reading the supercharger forum and found this link http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=20

legacy2.5SS?

if someone is willing to be a guinea pig in september please post pictures and tell us if your engine explodes, im not wasting my money untill i see if that works

Archived