LegacyGT.com

Opel Astra/New Saturn

Here is what it really looks like... it is called a panorama windshield and will give unobstructed view that feels like a cockpit of an airplane... only available on a GTC model and it costs about $1,600

http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/712/712707/vauxhall-astra-panoramic-20060614052156375.jpg

I was hoping it was an option. I want one.

I has yet to be decided if it will be offered on a Saturn Astra... small cars in the US = cheap cars. The Vauxhall GTC costs $29k in the UK! :eek:

I doubt many Americans would pay that much for a compact, non-prestigious car - but Mini's success had surprised many of us :lol:

I think it is a great idea. Wonder if they could do liek the Ferrari does and make it able to adjust the internal tint of the overhead glass. At night it is clear and during the day you have the option of adjusting the tint....

Geez, I would love to have that here in FL w/ the sun burning holes in my head!!

It is heat absorbing glass that also has an electric shade that can be adjusted for comfort.

I misspoke earlier, and this panoramic windshield will be available on any 3 door Astra! Supposedly, it makes for a very eye opening ride... :lol:

Haha, imagine getting a rock chip. Man would that piss you off.

Would not piss me off any more than it does now, with a regular windshield. And since KY has no deductible for windshield replacements, I would be $0 out of pocket.

A think that it is a nice innovation, that helps Astra differentiate itself (at least a little) from the tough competition in Europe.

They won't bring the GTC versions here though...

Only available in Europe... Same thing with the Saturn Aura, which is the Opel Vectra, their GTC version is hooooooooooooot and NOT available here.

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived