LegacyGT.com

Looking for new LGT in NJ

Hi guys! I am new to this forum and I am planning to purchase new LGT in few weeks. I appreciate if somebody could recommend me good dealership in New Jersey or Tri-State area. BTW, I was surprised to learn that I can buy Legacy GT below invoice. Is that still true?

Guest JessterCPA
Hey. Welcome to LGT. I had reasonably good success at Liberty Subaru & Loman Subaru. I have heard bad stories about these dealers also. I have also read that "Billy" at Wayne Subaru is a good guy to deal with. This has not been verified though.

Guest JessterCPA
Alex was my salesperson too. I have heard some not good things about their service dept. I need my 7500 mile service now, so we will see.

town motor corporation in englewood. they went 1k lower then bill kolb! and i heard oradell had some service issues or something, so i didn't go there. have bought 3 cars from town motors, its great! got my lgt limited with sub/homelink mirror/arm extension/ and some other option i can't remember for 27500 (gave them wheel+tires for 500, they will install my new one) my salesman was george, very nice guy

Don't buy from Liberty Subaru. [url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=626508&highlight=Liberty[/url] If you must buy from Liberty, never, never service your car there. Definitely give Billy at Wayne Subaru (973-835-4700) a call and see what he can do for you. He's a fellow Scooby nut. His screen name on nasioc is RS22b. Town Motors and Bill Kolb are both good places to talk to as well.

I got my OBXT from Lester Glenn Subaru in Toms River. Had a very good buying experience (good deal too), but I don't deal with their service dept. since I live up north. All I can say is avoid Lynnes Subaru in Bloomfield like the plague: had a very interesting experience with them that convinced me to never buy a car from them.

I love Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru, ask for Dominic, he's the man, he'll totally hook you up, he gave me a great deal on my Legacy GTx, just tell him Mike Trevor sent you, say you are a friend of mine from Legacygt.com, he'll give you the absolute best deal!!!

I bought mine from Richard Lucas Subaru in Avenel, NJ - near Woodbridge. [b]WARNING: AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP![/B] IT TOOK THEM 33 DAYS TO GET EVERYTHING RIGHT, AND ONLY AFTER A CALL [U]AND[/U] AN E-MAIL TO SOA. The management promised me that they would throw in the heavy duty floor mats for the amount of trouble I went though, after they finally did their job and got my car the registration - they told me they never promised me them. [b]ALSO, BECAUSE OF THESE IDIOTS, I WAS STUCK WITH A CAR THAT I HAD TO TAKE OFF THE ROAD FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS!!!! I WAS NOT GIVEN A LOANER CAR OR DEALER PLATES, SO I HAD NO CAR FOR ALMOST A HALF A MONTH!!!!![/B] [B]AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COSTS!!!!!![/B] - Mike

[quote name='godwhomismike']I bought mine from Richard Lucas Subaru in Avenel, NJ - near Woodbridge. [b]WARNING: AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP![/B] IT TOOK THEM 33 DAYS TO GET EVERYTHING RIGHT, AND ONLY AFTER A CALL [U]AND[/U] AN E-MAIL TO SOA. The management promised me that they would throw in the heavy duty floor mats for the amount of trouble I went though, after they finally did their job and got my car the registration - they told me they never promised me them. [b]ALSO, BECAUSE OF THESE IDIOTS, I WAS STUCK WITH A CAR THAT I HAD TO TAKE OFF THE ROAD FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS!!!! I WAS NOT GIVEN A LOANER CAR OR DEALER PLATES, SO I HAD NO CAR FOR ALMOST A HALF A MONTH!!!!![/B] [B]AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COSTS!!!!!![/B] - Mike[/QUOTE] :eek: TOTALLY AGREE!!! This dealership SUCKS!!! Took a month and a half to get refunded for a spoiler that supposedly "shipped in the wrong color". The service manager told me after I dropped the car off for the spoiler installation and a oil change that I had to come back because a TAN spoiler was sent to them. [B]THE 05' LEGACY DOESN'T COME IN TAN!!!!!!!!![/B] THIS A$$ H0LE LIED TO MY FACE. The dealership isn' that close to my house and I had to take time off from work to arrange for the installation only to fine out at night (AFTER I GET OUT OF WORK) that the spoler was never installed. I WAS NEVER CALLED ABOUT PLATES COMMING IN and constantly being transferred to differnt people at the dealer everytime I called. After a call and e-mail to SOA and THREE TRIPS TO THE DEALER, I was refunded my money and drive a spoilerless silver GT. DO NOT GO TO RICHARD LUCAS SUBARU! :mad:

[quote name='NeedMoreBoost']:eek: TOTALLY AGREE!!! This dealership SUCKS!!! Took a month and a half to get refunded for a spoiler that supposedly "shipped in the wrong color". The service manager told me after I dropped the car off for the spoiler installation and a oil change that I had to come back because a TAN spoiler was sent to them. [B]THE 05' LEGACY DOESN'T COME IN TAN!!!!!!!!![/B] THIS A$$ H0LE LIED TO MY FACE. The dealership isn' that close to my house and I had to take time off from work to arrange for the installation only to fine out at night (AFTER I GET OUT OF WORK) that the spoler was never installed. I WAS NEVER CALLED ABOUT PLATES COMMING IN and constantly being transferred to differnt people at the dealer everytime I called. After a call and e-mail to SOA and THREE TRIPS TO THE DEALER, I was refunded my money and drive a spoilerless silver GT. DO NOT GO TO RICHARD LUCAS SUBARU! :mad:[/QUOTE] Jesus!!!!! That's worse than mine. Mine, the subwoofer wiring is so apparent and poorly wired that I am surprised the car hasn't been broken into yet for the sub. They never processed the tags, and I had to pull the car off the road for two week because it had no registration due to their mess up. 33 days of dealing with them until everything was worked out. I was forced to drive back and forth, and each time I had to go there I had to pay a $6 bridge toll. My subwoofer wiring still sticks out like a sore thumb. Plus, the car has 2K miles on it and the oil hasn’t been changed yet, since I am extremely reluctant to deal with another Subaru dealership after Richard Lucas. The dealership experience was so awful that I don't think I'd subject myself to dealing with Subaru again after the Richard Lucas experience. After my lease term is up, I will probably move on to another car company. Don’t get me wrong, the car is awesome, rides beautifully, but I don't need to be pushed around, taken advantage of, and jerked around. Subaru really needs to do something about dealerships like this. I heard there was one in Cherry Hill, NJ that was just as bad if not worse - and Cherry Hill is in the same area as SOA. [b]Richard Lucas Subaru is a disgraceful screwed up dealership, as stated in my last post - [u]AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COSTS[/u]!!![/b] Also, I was treated like gold when I purchased my Kia Sephia back in '98. I was even given a gift for the sale on a economy car [b]WITH[/b] all the options I wanted and they sold me the car for $250 over invoice (cost: ~ $10,250 brand new with all the shipping wrappings still on it). The Legacy is a $31K car, and I had to settle for items I didn’t want and a color, which was a second choice. With the Kia, the deal was done extremely quick, without any problems – [b]NOTE[/b] KIA is an economy car company. I was expecting at least the same quick friendly buying experience when I bought this $31K car - you know you could have an Audi for the same price. I wasn't expecting this sh!ty excuse for sales experience. Pathetic!!!! - Mike

[quote name='tallguylehigh']Loman's, got mine at invoice without any haggling involved at all. Worked with Mike and had a very nice experience. Good luck.[/QUOTE] Slightly offtopic: I got my Kia back in '98 from Loman Ford and Kia in Woodbridge and they were excellent - even their service department is excellent and I still use them. I would assume Loman Subaru would be good too, but too bad they are 45 minutes away from me. - Mike

I'm getting mine from Flemington Subaru from Mike and I printed out the KBB price sheet and showed it to him and he gave it to me at invoice. I'm finally getting car within next 2 weeks had problems getting a loan so just getting it through my Parents now and paying them the cash every month.

Archived