LegacyGT.com

PA Emissions Testing

greenchevette

Whats up guys...

The Stage2 bug is creeping up pretty hard and I'm fighting it as much as I can, but I think its a losing battle!

Any PA guys have any experience with Emissions testing on a catless setup? I'm really not looking to swap in the stock pipe every year come testing time, so if thats the case then I may just go with a Catted setup.

Thanks for the input guys!

DAN

I went catted. Passed no problem. The place I went to did lift the car. They did that to take the wheels off, but I mean if they are lifting it, why wouldn't they take a look underneath. Regardless, the OBDII check plus seeing the cat was good enough.

Go catted...save a tree or two :)

I passed fine with my fully catless WRX about 2 month ago. As long as you don't have any cels either using EM or mechanical (offset sockets for the O2 sensor and resistor for egt sensor) you should be fine since it is only OBII test, but +1 on going catted since I plan to weld in a cat in the near future (once I replace my toasted turbo)

• 2 weeks later...
I would not worry about the emissions as much, you may be able to pass, but you will fail the visual part of your state inspection because they will see that you don't have a main cat ...Run a High Flow Cat...Their is no major need to run catless on a daily driver IMHO...

I would not worry about the emissions as much, you may be able to pass, but you will fail the visual part of your state inspection because they will see that you don't have a main cat ...Run a High Flow Cat...Their is no major need to run catless on a daily driver IMHO...

2nd this idea. Ive passed Pa emissions with a AutoSpeed catted D/P and have the peace of mind that Im not killing the enviorment. There is no real HP TQ loss with a highflow D/P cat either.

Archived