LegacyGT.com

5EAT owners with IPT valve body modification

spacejunkiehsv

Just want to say thanks to everyone who posted here. I'm going stage two in two weeks and only wish i had learned about this mod sooner.. I'm a noob.. I say it... But anyway I know these posts are super old but anyone know if there have been any updates to shops around mass or nh that can do this for me???? And will I need a retune after I get the vb done... Moneys tight with a 3 yr old and a stay at home wife... Trying to do everything done RIGHT the first time...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...
IPT is a bad company. I had my 05 XT outback seat5 done and it took 4mo. My shop had to pull and reinstall the tranny 3 times due to poor work by John and IPT. They sent out 3 defective valve bodies. The tranny was sent to them 2 times. Both times it came back defective. It had broken wires on sensors, error codes. My shop tried to re dyno the car and it still causes Problems with the 4x4 drive and shifts inconsistent.The car produces over 400hp and the tranny and torque converter were supposed to support 500hp. It cost me $7000. I have a lemon. I asked for a refund of some of the money so I could have a local shop look at it and they would not respond. My shop billed them for the extra work $1600 and finally got $1000 after much time. John does not answer the phone or questions in a timely manner. BAD COMPANY. I Wish I had not used them.

i and my shop researched upgrading my SEAT5. I have an 05 outback wagon xt. It dyno's at over 400hp. The stock tranny failed. We found IPT and my shop talked to them. I live on the west coast. We shipped them the tranny and the nightmare started. The shop had to send the tranny twice and IPT sent out 2 separate valve bodies and sensors due to poor rebuild or quality control issues. It came back with broken internal wires, valve body leaks. John was not good about returning phone calls or emails in a timely manner. It took 4 months. I had to rent a car for some of it. My shop billed him $1600 for extra work including pulling the tranny twice and taking it apart several times to replace parts. He finally sent $1000. I asked for a partial refund of my $7000 because the tranny never worked right. My shop tried everything, including re-dynoing the car. It causes problems with the 4x4 system and does not shift consistently. I have to sport shift it sometimes to get it to work. John quit talking to me. No refund of anything. I thought I could take it to a local shop to try to fix it. BAD COMPANY. DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR PROMISES ON THE SEAT5.

• 2 weeks later...
Ill throw in my two cents. I had my VB modded at IPT. So far its fine . I really wish i had another car locally to test the hexmod vs IPT with each other.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Ill throw in my two cents. I had my VB modded at IPT. So far its fine . I really wish i had another car locally to test the hexmod vs IPT with each other.

I'm in the Schenectady/Albany area of Upstate NY. If you are ever out this way give me a shout, Id be happy to let you test drive my HexModded OBXT. The HexMods VB is hands down my favorite out of all of my mods! Excluding the uppipe, it was the first mod to go on the car.

Archived