LegacyGT.com

wrong ATF for legacy GT?

Hi,

Maybe I worry too much but this could be another silly mistake from monkeys at the dealership.

I bought my legacy in 2005 and did 30K service in Feb 2006. Since I want to keep mine for long time, I drove to dealership and paid around $500 for ATF change and inspections here and there.

After the service, they disappointed me by losing screw to fix engine cover and almost broke hose hanger attached to air filter housing. small dent to door as well. I don't have evidence, unfortunatelly.

Anyway, now I am learning the difference between Dextron III vs ATF-J and mine should use ATF-J. From service invoice, they specified my vehicle incorrectly. Instead of Legacy GT 2.5, "LEGASY OUTBACK" with 2.5 engine and AT. They charged 1.95 for 1QT of ATF. I am not sure if this is correct price for genuine subaru ATF for 5EAT. they used 4 QT to replace. Definitely simple drain and fill.

I looked at dipstick and color looks ok. I don't feel any rough shifting or slip though there seems to have hesitation in shifting. I am not sure if that's related to wrong ATF.

I added 9K miles after service so, I hope it didn't damage much but can I be wrong? I have to argue to figure out what happened but I already have bad experience figuring out the truth regarding the dent.

Anyway, I am going to replace ATF myself with correct type. Is there any additional items I have to pay attention now?

Thanks for your advice.

tothenet

I called them up then they said they just use regular ATF for any subaru vehicle. Hmm.. Do they cover up any damaged tranny?

Call SOA...1-800-SUBARU3, they can get in touch with the dealer and have them install the correct fluid...as they should have...

Archived