LegacyGT.com

I'm thinking that I should've waited on getting my Legacy until...

I'm thinking that I should've waited on getting my Legacy until I was able to test drive a '05 Mustang GT: [img]http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/gallery/c450771a.jpg[/img] :frustrated: blah. Would've been cheaper than the Legacy, would've even had a better stereo. Plus with the extra money left over, I could've contacted CDC and did a Mach 1 kit for it (or a Boss). Too late for that I guess. :( - Mike

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]A friend in my office is getting one and she paid ~3K over MSRP. So the price is not that much different. [/size][/font] [size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [font='Times New Roman']PS they are really ugly. [/font]

[quote name='rclark0032'][font=Times New Roman][size=3]A friend in my office is getting one and she paid ~3K over MSRP. So the price is not that much different. [/size][/font] [size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [font='Times New Roman']PS they are really ugly. [/font][/QUOTE] Wait a few months, they'll be back down to MSRP and below. I remember with the '03 Mach 1's there was a $3K - $5K mark up on it. A year later, the '04's (and '03's) were going for close to invoice plus a $3K+ rebate on top of that, they were possible to get for $23K-$24K, when less than a year before a Mach 1 couldn't be had for less than $34K-$35K. Usual markup BS dealerships do. - Mike

Don't regret buying the LGT, man. It's a great platform, sweet engine, gorgeous lines, and can be modified to whatever power spectrum you want (for the right $s). Most important, the LGT will always put you in a limited, exclusive crowd. By spring 2005 you won't be able to drive 1 mile without spotting a "new mustang" everywhere. I've been driving the LGT for nearly 2 months now, always on the lookout and still have not spotted even 1 single other LGT on the road yet.

Seeing it in print made me drool but after seeing it in person i like it a whole lot less, there is a ford dealership that still has some left over thunder birds on the lot i think the mustang will go down the same path, but wont be sitting for quite as much time.

[quote name='bluesuby']And you should have waited until the first day it snows to take the Mustang test drive. I'm not sure you'd sleep well with a Mustang sitting in the driveway in New York.[/QUOTE] I pretty much drive my Legacy on weekends only, so I'm feeling like a got a 4 door sedan for a weekend car. When my lease is over, the dealer is gonna make a killing in resale being that it has so few miles on it. Edit: I noticed the Legacy doesn't like puddles. It seems to like to hydroplane over them. I was cruising on a highway at about 40-45mph while it was raining and I went over a puddle and the front tire jumped out, which was an unsettling feeling. I am unsure of how this car will act in the snow, but being that I'm on the schedule I am, I doubt I'll have much time see much of it. - Mike

[quote name='godwhomismike']I pretty much drive my Legacy on weekends only, so I'm feeling like a got a 4 door sedan for a weekend car. When my lease is over, the dealer is gonna make a killing in resale being that it has so few miles on it. - Mike[/QUOTE] trade out of the lease before your term is up.

Actually, Car & Driver says that the new Mustang handles extraordinarily well, better than many cars with fully independent rear suspensions. If you want a Mustang, get a Mustang. Problem solved. You're leasing, surely there's a way out if you want one badly enough. They're good-looking cars. I wouldn't drive one, but I have an acknowledged wagon fetish. Kevin

Guest *Jedimaster*
If you want a Mustang, well, my coldolences :D That thinkg is hideous. PS- it's also a Ford [img]http://www.illfindsomethingtoputhere.com/funforum/images/smilies/kekekegay.gif[/img]

I agree on the grossness factor of that car. Though I did have one almost hit me head on this weekend in that same color while driving to back to Wilmington from Greenville on 258 South.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

I like the new Mustang and would actually like to have one. I've always wanted a Mustang and a Ford F-150 although I generally hate Ford. There's no sense in buying one though, they are impractical and cost too much for what you get. Car to Car, there is no real comparison between a Mustang and a Legacy nor is there a good reason to buy a Mustang over a Legacy except for the illusion that a Mustang will give you some special status ;)

Mustangs are great cars with a huge aftermarket(something the Legacy lacks). The reason I bought a new Legacy instead of a Mustang is because I drive 50 miles to work and during the winter I need something better than rwd. The rwd on a Mustang in the snow has almost killed me many times. Many people hated the 99+ body style when it came out too. I didn't like the 05 style at first, but now I can say I think it looks great. I currently have a supercharged 2000 Mustang that will be going into storage for the winter months.

The new Mustang is one sweet ride. If I were in high-school, I'd take it over the Legacy GT in a heartbeat. The Legacy is the better all around car though. The Mustang has the looks, the tradition, and the straight-line performance, but the Legacy has awd, similiar performance, 4-doors, heated seats and a host of other little things you can't get with a Mustang, and a reputation for extreme reliability that Ford has NEVER had. And... if these Mustangs are selling above MSRP, then they must be selling a lot of them-flooding the market with them. Personally, I'd rather have a car that isn't in every third garage in my neighborhood.

The mustang will be Ford's hot new car- look at the previous models, in terms of design, they are just plain ugly. And people still love them and worship them. The new one looks so much better so, at least in my town, everybody will have one- I've seen more new Mustangs than new Legacies. And with the death of the Camero, Trans am, etc. what car with the domestic fans buy? The new Mustang achieves that modern retro look that will get the muscle car fans drooling.

The new Mustang is nice, and a HUGE improvement over the old one (which was a total piece of crap IMO). But it's still a Ford and that means it's not a truly great car. After looking at an 05 Mustang (I have to admit I was intrigued by the car) I came away feeling like I would never want to own one. It's a lower caliber vehicle than the Legacy by a long shot. Yeah, it is faster and all that, but it's not the same class of vehicle. Some people (including the thousands who bought 04 Mustangs) don't really care about the details, ergonomics, and good design that goes into a car like the Legacy. For them, the lure of the Mustang is probably strong. But it's really a mediocre vehicle with a couple of strong points. In contrast, I think the Legacy has a lot going for it across the board. Craig

Hindsight is 20/20, but I'll say it anyway. For someone who obviously wasn't really sure of what they wanted in a car, it wasn't too smart to get into a lease agreement. Usually it's a real bitch to get out of those without a major penalty. That said, I'll echo what the old man around here has said -- drive your car and be happy. More nice cars are bound to come out before your lease is up, but that's life. You made the best choice you could at the time, now enjoy it without the sour grapes.

[quote name='zzzzzzz']are you serious????? a MUSTANG? i dont care what kind it is the only people who drive mustangs are strippers and whit trash!!!!!!,i'd drive a pinto before a mustang[/QUOTE] Really? What about Steve McQueen? He's pretty cool... [img]http://www.people.freenet.de/pony/corner.jpg[/img]

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Archived