LegacyGT.com

Indy F1 Meeting ?

f1anatic

Any GT members here attending the race ?

Indy F1 Race is coming up in 10 days...and sadly this one may be the last race in Indy - a race that is pretty local to me (Chicago, 3 h away).

I know at least 2 locals who are going to the race but I would like to meet other fellow F1 fans and GT drivers from the boards !

Wife and I will be there, but you've already seen my ugly mug :icon_neut. Haven't been to an F1 race since Watkins Glen and Mosport in 1970. Also saw Can Am and Trans Am at the Glen that year.

Yeah kids and €-Wormie is going as well. Not to say that I do not wanna see you guys at Indy...but Weasel, you live about 4 miles away from me...and TRS and €-Wormie are pretty good about coming to the meets this year.

Duh...we can meet at Indy on Sunday...sure...but I was hoping to meet others from the board as well ! It always looked like the best and brightest are from Chicagoland...this is just further proof !:eek::rolleyes:

Ryan, are you going alone ? I doubt it. As things stand right now, there is a healthy chance I have someone coming with me... but the only time I will know for sure is a week from today. If I am flying solo and you are as well - I would have an extra ticket in Stand J...(hint hint...first turn fun - high up for a view unobstructed by fences and total command over the first corner crashes). :eek::eek:

But as I said - I doubt you are going solo, as I doubt I will.

And yeah...a mini-meet at say ~11:00 AM or so would be cool - somewhere in the stadium there is a bridge (overpass) between the sections. That is an unmistakable landmark.

I will be in indy that weekend, but I don't know if I am going to go to the race or not. If I go I will probably buy a $20 General Admission ticket and watch for the viewing mound.
335HP/360Tq VF-22/1820 clone with Meth

.but Weasel, you live about 4 miles away from me...and TRS and €-Wormie are pretty good about coming to the meets this year.

Never missed a wrench session yet. You can have your bowling:lol:

I will be in indy that weekend, but I don't know if I am going to go to the race or not. If I go I will probably buy a $20 General Admission ticket and watch for the viewing mound.

Gen Pop FTMFW! I assume you've got a new cell. PM it to me and if I make it into the middle I'll give you a ring.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Ryan, are you going alone ? I doubt it. As things stand right now, there is a healthy chance I have someone coming with me... but the only time I will know for sure is a week from today. If I am flying solo and you are as well - I would have an extra ticket in Stand J...(hint hint...first turn fun - high up for a view unobstructed by fences and total command over the first corner crashes). :eek::eek:

Based on my experience last year, I highly recommend you are somewhere you can view the first corner if you want to see each car at least once. I was in the grandstand with my back to the motorsports museum and only really got to see about half the field. I won't be able to make it this year.

I think we're in J also, but we'll be tailgating in the free lots until shortly before the race... With the IRL at Milwaukee Mile last week, F1 this week, and Cleveland Champ Car in Cleveland next weekend, that'll be three races in four weekends! Life is good...

(and I don't need to hear any bitchin' about how crappy IRL/champcar/open wheel is, if I could do something about it I would, I hate Tony George)

Go Motorola Danica!

Archived