LegacyGT.com

Greddy EVO2

kscottw

Same catback I have had on mine for about 18mo:):)

I am running the COBB UP/DP combo & the sound is a little on the loud side but if it's to loud for you put a resonator on it later.

I would also suggest getting a AVO actuator & possible a AEM intake. With those mods once Protuned you should be in the 250-260whp range with 300+ ftlb

For reference new STi's are usually in the 230-240 range stock

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

What did it cost you for the Cobb UP/DP? I have a Perrin short ram intake right now but no AVO actuator. Ive heard that those don't do a whole lot for the money spent on them? Don't they just get rid of the "flutter" around 4-5k RPM's?

Actually the actuator holds a little more boost but it really does a much better job @ holding what you have alot longer....

Cost on the COBB UP/DP new will run you around 700shipped. Shop around in the marketplace though &you can pick up some great deals;)

You need to get that Perrin intake off the car.....P.O.S.!!!!!!

If you are staying with the VF40 go with the AEM

Sound clips......there are already quite a few on the boards there should be @ least one clip on the "official exhaust thread"

not super expensive?

You'll need an Accessport if you don't already (@700 v2 or @400 used v1)

UP...Invida....$135-150

DP...Crucial Racing Shorty, Stromung Shorty or Flow Shorty...$190-330. (you don't need a full lenght DP. Full length will gain you about 5whp though...whoopie!)

"and am wondering what UP/DP would complement this setup well?"

It's what I have been running since the car was less than 4mo old, no issues to date. Very simple & easy fittmentfrom the EVOII to the COBB DP.

If you get the Crucial DP you will have to get the mid-pipe also to get rid of the extra cat. Once the mid-pipe is added the cost is about the same or a little more than the COBB;)

[

If you get the Crucial DP you will have to get the mid-pipe also to get rid of the extra cat. Once the mid-pipe is added the cost is about the same or a little more than the COBB;)

You don't really need the midpipe section. Switching out the stocker section doesn't gain you that much. (per what I've heard from some tuners)

Cobb = $575-ish

Crucial = $325-ish w/heat coating (got mine for $200)

For me the extra $250-$375 wasn't worth 5whp, plus the possibility of an anal emmissions inspector having an issue with the tiny HFC.

EDIT: Just found this....used Flow shorty....$150.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63230

You need to get that Perrin intake off the car.....P.O.S.!!!!!!

If you are staying with the VF40 go with the AEM

What is the difference between the AEM and the Perrin that makes the Perrin such a POS?

Take some logs, you will not be happy......

Of all the intakes I have had on the car that by far was the worst. It's simply far to large for anything smaller than a SZ49 or a AVO450

Take some logs, you will not be happy......

Of all the intakes I have had on the car that by far was the worst. It's simply far to large for anything smaller than a SZ49 or a AVO450

So is it basically making me too lean then? Are the advantages of other panel filters or cold air intakes that much more noticeable than this "ginormous" Perrin?

Archived