LegacyGT.com

How do decode your VIN number....

[quote name='rallispec']\ isnt the build date printed on the inside of the door?[/QUOTE] I looked last night. It was built on 11/04. I picked up my car mid March...does that mean that it was seating on the dealer's lot for 3-4 months?

[quote name='LawGT']I looked last night. It was built on 11/04. I picked up my car mid March...does that mean that it was seating on the dealer's lot for 3-4 months?[/QUOTE] well part of that was time spent going from the factory to the dealership. It also may have sat at a different dealership for a while and the been traded to the dealer you bought it from for a different car. From what i've seen at various dealerships (and from people here) - it's not uncommon to find a GT that has been on the lot for a while. Of the few that i looked at - all of them were at least 4-5 months old. I'm not sure if this is a result of them not selling very well -- or Subaru building in batches. (so that dealer will get 20 legacy's to sell over the next 5 months, rather than recieving 4 or 5 every month)

Archived