LegacyGT.com

How do decode your VIN number....

This might be obvious to many on here...but I thought that I'd post this anyway to help others who might not know.... Your Legacy VIN# tells quite a bit about your car. I tried decoding the format and have about 95% of it... here is what I have found out... [b]Typical VIN # - 4S3BL686456211000[/b] [b]Here is how it breaks down.....[/b] [b]4S3[/b] - SIA Plant in Lafayette, Indiana [b]BL[/b] - Sedan - [i]BP=Wagon[/i] [b]68[/b] - GT Model - [i]61 = i model / 62 = i Limited / 67 = GT Limited[/i] [b]64[/b] - Unsure... this might be some type of date code [b]5[/b] - 200[i]5[/i] model [b]6[/b] - Manual Transmission - [i]2 = i Automatic / 4 = GT Automatic[/i] [b]211000[/b] - 11,000 Legacy Sedan built during the model year - [i]Wagon models start with 3xxxxxx[/i] That is what I have found out..... I hope this helps! ;)

[quote name='Kevin@SoD']before everyone goes hypothesizing.... [url]www.bankheist.net/vinchart.pdf[/url] have fun boys.[/QUOTE] Cheers (I don't mean to offend anyone by using that but i have been hanging out with a few english people from work)

[quote name='mccorry']This might be obvious to many on here...but I thought that I'd post this anyway to help others who might not know.... Your Legacy VIN# tells quite a bit about your car. I tried decoding the format and have about 95% of it... here is what I have found out... [b]Typical VIN # - 4S3BL686456211000[/b] [b]Here is how it breaks down.....[/b] [b]4S3[/b] - SIA Plant in Lafayette, Indiana [b]BL[/b] - Sedan - [i]BP=Wagon[/i] [b]68[/b] - GT Model - [i]61 = i model / 62 = i Limited / 67 = GT Limited[/i] [b]64[/b] - Unsure... this might be some type of date code [b]5[/b] - 200[i]5[/i] model [b]6[/b] - Manual Transmission - [i]2 = i Automatic / 4 = GT Automatic[/i] [b]211000[/b] - 11,000 Legacy Sedan built during the model year - [i]Wagon models start with 3xxxxxx[/i] That is what I have found out..... I hope this helps! ;)[/QUOTE] OKay, I'm curious about the "64" as mine says "60" also mine was the 6,967 Legacy Sedan built. Must be quite a few on the lot. My dealership has 29 Legacy's! Here's the breakdown: GT LTD: 5 GT : 8 i: 9 i Ltd 1 Wagon i 4 GT Wagon 2 GT ltd Wagon 0 i LTD Wagon 0

[quote name='Bob N']OKay, I'm curious about the "64" as mine says "60" also mine was the 6,967 Legacy Sedan built. Must be quite a few on the lot. My dealership has 29 Legacy's! Here's the breakdown: GT LTD: 5 GT : 8 i: 9 i Ltd 1 Wagon i 4 GT Wagon 2 GT ltd Wagon 0 i LTD Wagon 0[/QUOTE] Mine was the 7257 legacy sedan built. Our cars were on the line together. Brother!!!!!! :lol: j/k
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Guest *Jedimaster*
It doesn't take much. BTW, I checked mine out and there were a few differences in the OB- mine says wagon in all the right places, but is listed as GT Limited. Where you guys have the "64" that is thought to be a date code, I have a "CX". BTW, mine is wagon number 14875 for the 2005 model year :)

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5']Mine was the 7257 legacy sedan built. Our cars were on the line together. Brother!!!!!! :lol: j/k[/QUOTE] BoxerGT2.5, Where are you from? Curious as to where the two of our cars ended up. Mine was in Central, Va...Staunton Subaru

• 3 months later...

Archived