LegacyGT.com

OB bumper on a Legacy?

Helfrick

So I was at the dealer today getting the free oil change (Mastro is the best dealership I've dealt with to date BTW) and I started looking at the front of the Outback and the Legacy. They look very similar at first glance. I have been wanting fogs on the front of my 2.5i, but the GT fogs look kind of puny: [img]http://rollerhockeyva.com/FrontGT.jpg[/img] I much prefer the setup on the outback. So my question is this: How would an Outback bumper look on a Legacy (painted of course)? Anybody with photoshop skills want to give it a try? [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Helfrick/Scooby/IMG_0052.jpg[/img]

DOH. I knew I was missing something. I'd been staring at them all day and focused on the lights. Looking again, you'd have to do the whole kit or else the front end would look out of place. I guess that answers that question. [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Helfrick/Scooby/IMG_0053.jpg[/img]

Hmm and I was just about to call you CRAZY. That would be like taking the front bar off a Mini and trying to slot it on, just wouldn't work. Anyway glad to see u worked it out for u. Adam. PS Moving this thread over to Exteriors. Thanks guys

Guest *Jedimaster*
I think getting the whole kit would improve the appearance of the Legacy a lot! The flares and large fogs are two of the things that sold me on the OB in the first place. Also, the ride height is perfect for me.

[quote name='jedimaster']I think getting the whole kit would improve the appearance of the Legacy a lot! The flares and large fogs are two of the things that sold me on the OB in the first place. Also, the ride height is perfect for me.[/QUOTE] That seems like a lot of body work. I was just looking for the fogs. They kind of remind me of the old RS or bug eyed WRXs.

I like the fender flares, but not the lower body side cladding, and the OB front bumper and rear sedan bumper are "rounder", and not quite "sporting" enough for a high performance legacy. The fender flares, substantial side sills, and the rear bumper from the Corazon kit (see the sema pics thread in Legacy Pictures forum.) are cool. The front bumper from the Corazon kit isn't quite right for me, but close. I'd tweek the design ab bit, to more resemble, but not blatantly copy the upcoming 06 Audi S4, but without Audi's new schnoz-grille. I might be tempted to install larger fog lights (or somehow incorporate fogs and driving lights besides the exemplary headlights) but not perhaps not quite as large as a WRX or Outback. keeping in mind my tastes are a slightly lowered, meaner looking, but not ricey Legacy sport sedan. It is very cool that an ouback can be build from the same chassis, which is a better fit for jedi, and others.

Archived