LegacyGT.com

Sally Subaru 1, Bambi 0

Cruising down Rt.90 East @7 AM heading to Ma. this past Sat. I'm doing about 80 with traffic. I looked away for a moment to put my water bottle in the cup holder. Maybe a quarter of a second I wasn't looking at the road. I look up... DEER!:eek:, In the middle of the road about 15yds. away. I had about one second to see it, think, and try to avoid. No time for breaks, I just lifted and steered. The deer was literally a "deer in the headlights". (DRLs ftl).

Only a scrape and a bit of fur in my rear splash guard. The alignment of the bumper on that side is off a tiny bit. I didn't notice that until tonight actually. Hopefully an easy fix to snap it back on. I went from totally pissed to totally overjoyed when I stopped and saw the "damage".:spin: I drove another 600 miles last weekend after hitting the deer, no other damage. The Suby is a beast!

http://lh5.google.com/image/gmoreschi/Rl4FfVlppeI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/1aI_7169Uhs/s800/DSC03076.JPG

The Suby is a beast!

Actually, you got lucky. While I'll agree with you that Suby's are solid and well manufactured cars (for the most part), I will say that you're pretty lucky to escape with the minimal damage you sustained.

My parents have hit deer with 3 cars over the past 20 years. All 3 of them totaled.

PS--glad you weren't hurt.

My parents have hit deer with 3 cars over the past 20 years. All 3 of them totaled.

My dad nailed a deer in my mom's RX300 last summer on the PA turnpike. So this was definately lucky.

The humorous part is that the insurance company was skeptical about the accident involving my dad. There was poop and fur on the car from the deer, but then they questioned if we put it there. I am just picturing my dad out in the garage rubbing feces on my mom's car. :lol::lol:

Yea, I realize that in reality I am very lucky. I see this stuff all the time around here with most cars being totaled. It was a smaller deer, but still easily 100+lbs. I caught it right in the head only it seems.

In hindsight, I think that if I made more of an effort to get out of the way I could have missed it entirely. I didn't want to steer too sharply at that speed not knowing the limits of the car yet and figured better to mow down a deer than run off the road into a tree. It seemed at time like I was pushing it, but there was no tire squealing at all so I'm sure there was more room to go.

Archived